Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you bought that for 4 grand???!!

i wish i could be that lucky!
    e30 m3 round here goes for aleast a bear minimum 50 grand, and thats ones in good condition

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      I had a similar problem with my accelerator mounting stub in my first E30. I just riveted in new metal. If you have a welder and some metalworking tools, making a patch panel there is easy.

Good luck with the project!
      i dont. but im relieved to know that its fairly easy, so a shop wont charge me much hopefully.

thanks.

update: no progress as of late. im waiting for the Koala Motorsports repair manual to show. then its trying to get money together to get the f'er running.

Comment

Good luck with the project. There is an M3 sitting in the barn of a neighbors house. Been there for the last 5 years. It was a recovery theft and has no seats or drive trian. He also has a complete and I mean complete s52 engine set that he plans on putting in the car. He has had it for several years also. I have tried to buy the thing from him for some time and he wont sell nor will he go ahead and put the engine in it. I just dont understand when people have cars like that and just let them sit without doing anytihing to them. Pops to you for saving a car like that.
        sigpic
        1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
        1995 E30 325e (in progress)
        1987 E30 325is (totaled)
        1990 E30 325i
        1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
        1996 E36 328ic
        1997 Z3
        2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

Awesome dude! Can't wait to see the progess... hit me up if you have any m3 questions along the way - I'd love to help out any way that I can.
          PNW Crew
          90 m3
          06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
            I'd love to help out any way that I can.
            sure, like to show me how to rebuild the timing bits on a budget?!!?!? lol. i need the 3 timing chain guide rails, yes the expensive 3 rails.

update, removing all the sound deadener this weekend, ill take pics tomorrow.

Comment

hmmm.... I'll get back to you here on that one.

I love the Alpine Strategic Command! Someone must start something for the red cars amongst us... hmmm....
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

Someone must start something for the red cars amongst us... hmmm....
                YES

Comment

I love the Alpine Strategic Command! Someone must start something for the red cars amongst us... hmmm....
                  Whatever it is, you'll be commies. Red bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Whatever it is, you'll be commies. Red bastards.

ah yes indeed. the communist part that is. nice picture by the way! my grampa Lenin was the man!

Comment

update: got almost all the the sound deadening out. still have to get the front foot well stuff out. found a lil surface rust under the back seat bottom cushion. water had accumulated there and the cushion was wet when i took it out. i have a 5 gallon bucket full of it so far, pretty sure im almost to 20 pounds worth. i didnt touch it today, pulled a muscle pretty bad in my chest. thought i was having a heart attack last night cause of it :(

for some odd reason ive noticed my deck lid doesnt sit right. it closes fine but seems to be up in the front a bit. do i just shim the attachment points/bolts? or is there some sort of adjustment?

Comment

f it. went out and did work. i have zero sound proofing/deadener on the interior. found a couple more rust spots on the drivers side well, those were treated already. heres da pics:

anything black in color is rust spots that have been sprayed. gives you a idea how many places ive had to do work to.

passenger side rear well

rear right back seat area

back panel, you can see where there was a large chunk of it.

whole rear seat shot.

drivers side rear foot well

inside the right side quarter

drivers side well

showing all the spots

AND behind the accelerator, the worst spot of all. the inhibitor "gave up" and instead of black it turned all white and corroded looking.

noticed something. on the passenger side, there is a seperate "floor pan" under the car, almost like a big sandwich. on the drivers side there is not. im hoping that the areas on the passenger side will be fairly easy since i wont have to remove the whole floor just the sections on the top area. the drivers side is going to be a pain, i shoved a screwdriver through the section in front of the accelerator and you can see it under the car, lol.

next is the trunk, with as much moisture as ive been finding locked in under the deadener im scared to find out whats lurking under the trunk floor .

on a lighter note, i almost have my E30Groupie designed tails done. not that its a hardcore mod or anything, but its always cool to put stuff on the car as opposed to taking more off. im going to be selling the stock weaves from this car. i have a set of 5 wheels, 4 center caps. all 5 have the face of the weave and lip polished, they look pretty sweet. id like to see/hear offers for them. if not off to the bay they go.

what does r3v think about modeling my car to resemble the 135Tii concept? well, minus the TII badges obviously.
                        Last edited by smonkbmw; 04-21-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

You should start grinding the rust off with wire brush wheel or grinder and then use the rust converter. Also clean the work area with mineral spirits before you apply the converter.
                          gary muwaut

89 325ic / 05 325i

Comment

ill donate to the cause. if you want the 3 timing chain pieces at cost plus shipping ill send them your way. i bought new ones for my s14 a while back and they still arent cheap at cost but much better than retail. let me know. the offers good whenever. you dont need to do it now
                            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Zorin View Post
                              You should start grinding the rust off with wire brush wheel or grinder and then use the rust converter. Also clean the work area with mineral spirits before you apply the converter.
                              i have been sanding the areas down first. ill see about a wire brush wheel.

blunt, pm'ed

Comment

You need to post up on www.s14.net as well. Lots of help there as it's all E30 M3 related. There's also a HUGE for sale section there for only E30 M3 parts. You can also email me as I have a few boxes of parts I'm getting rid of ..........

Good luck on the project. I was there once doing exactly what you're doing now !!! Here's some pictures of mine.......... but further on down the line and after mucho money spent.

My email is if you ever have any questions : tkliem@markham.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X