Wikileaks Iraq Video -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30Kaiser View Post
    The Bradleys were taking fire, and there happen to be guys nearby with weapons peaking around the corner, and one dude that looks to have an RPG on his back. What would you do in that situation? Wait to find out if it is an RPG(IE wait until he fires it at a vehicle full of Americans)? Truely a tragedy, and I don't mean to belittle the situation, but it is war, people die. Much worse happened in WWII and most people don't look at our veterans from that war as murderers.
    I have to agree, we have to look at this situation as they saw it. We saw a camera, but that's because we were looking for it.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wow, in new news the US Military cannot find their copy of this video to authenticate it.

Comment

I saw the video. What can be seen in the video is exactly what the gunner saw. I saw an RPG on a guys shoulder, and it looks like he was going to try and make a shot.

Now we know that the guy with an RPG was actually a guy with a camera. But like I said - From the comfort of my own home, with no pressure on me, I saw a guy with an RPG. You can't blame the soldiers, who also saw a guy with an RPG (except in their minds, he was a threat to their lives) for fucking those dudes up.

Besides. It's a god damn war zone. What the fuck are guys with cameras doing walking around like that any way? It's their own damn fault, especially when you are peeking around the corner with your shoulder on your back at a god damned gunship.

It seriously aggravates me that this is under such heavy scrutiny. Just leave them the fuck alone and let them do their jobs, isn't it enough that they are risking their lives? I am not a big pro war type of guy, but this type of garbage just boils my piss.
        WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by jeffesaurusrex View Post
          I saw the video. What can be seen in the video is exactly what the gunner saw. I saw an RPG on a guys shoulder, and it looks like he was going to try and make a shot.

Now we know that the guy with an RPG was actually a guy with a camera. But like I said - From the comfort of my own home, with no pressure on me, I saw a guy with an RPG. You can't blame the soldiers, who also saw a guy with an RPG (except in their minds, he was a threat to their lives) for fucking those dudes up.

Besides. It's a god damn war zone. What the fuck are guys with cameras doing walking around like that any way? It's their own damn fault, especially when you are peeking around the corner with your shoulder on your back at a god damned gunship.

It seriously aggravates me that this is under such heavy scrutiny. Just leave them the fuck alone and let them do their jobs, isn't it enough that they are risking their lives? I am not a big pro war type of guy, but this type of garbage just boils my piss.
          Sure, but don't you think taking out the van was a little much?

Comment

What if there was a bomb with a dead man switch in it?

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
              Sure, but don't you think taking out the van was a little much?
              Maybe, maybe not. The van could have been filled with civilians, or it could have been filled with more guys with guns. Don't forget, the gunner was corresponding with a ground crew the whole time in the video, and they were on their way to the spot.
              WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                What if there was a bomb with a dead man switch in it?
                What if there was a bomb with a deadman switch in every car and light truck in Baghdad? That sort of paranoia deteriorates quickly.
                cars beep boop

Comment

There were certainly parts I disagree with, particularily the taunting and jeering "come on, all you have to do is pick up a gun. You can do it" but overall I tend to side with the soldiers more often than not. It's a hellish atmosphere to be in and a high tension situation. It would have taken 5 seconds for an RPG shot to kill the entire crew.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Every car and truck in Baghdad does not have active targets acquiring a lock on approaching servicemen.

It is logical to assume that the vehicle driven by the "enemy" could have other weapons or "enemies" in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X