No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you letting the troll run the discussion here? Arguing about the consensus is a red herring and you all should know better than to let him derail the thread with it.

The word "consensus" has only been used in 103 posts in this subforum: guess who is responsible for over 25% of that usage?

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
      You didn't read the NAS link I posted did you, which is a comprehensive survey? That survey included 1372 researchers. You are correct that there is not a 97% consensus amongst all researchers, it was closer to 67%. But many of those researchers publish very little or do very little research. Amongst those that are actively publishing and researching the most, there is a 97% consensus. That is a separate survey than the one you keep referring to.
      i did in fact read it, and its the same survey
      thank you for the intellectual honesty of admitting the 97% consensus is not true
      the 67% is "yes" in favor of man having an influence, which is completely different from being responsible for GW.
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        the 67% is "yes" in favor of man having an influence, which is completely different from being responsible for GW.
        Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        I know you like to avoid questions, but try theses:

1. Do you concede that the earth is warming on the long-view? (regardless of your repeated calls to momentary breaks in rate or even references to potential cooling and increased sea ice near the south pole)

2. Do you concede that humans do have an influence on climate change?
        Still have never answered these basic questions.

Comment

yes and yes
          never said otherwise
          you do know the net warming since about 1880 is about 0.7* centigrade?

here's a question for you doomsters

why did we have global cooling from roughly 1940 to 1970, when anthro CO2 accelerated after WWII?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I just saw an interesting show that used core samples to show that global warming caused the growth of Egypt/Cradle of Life regions. I had to go tend to the horses and cows so i turned the tv off to cut down on my power consumption and carbon footprint, but i was wondering if anyone knew what humans were doing back then to cause it?

Comment

1. Do you concede that the earth is warming on the long-view? (regardless of your repeated calls to momentary breaks in rate or even references to potential cooling and increased sea ice near the south pole)

2. Do you concede that humans do have an influence on climate change?
              yes and yes
              never said otherwise

you do know the net warming since about 1880 is about 0.7* centigrade?

here's a question for you doomsters

why did we have global cooling from roughly 1940 to 1970, when anthro CO2 accelerated after WWII?
              You have also never been able to answer those simple questions.

So you are in agreement with the majority (82%) of the 3000 respondents in the survey that you have so aggressively attacked because of their subset statistic.

Not everyone is either a 'doomster' or a denier, that's black and white false dilemma thinking which is a regular fallacy of yours. Some have enough reason to know that we need to be more efficient and that the anti-science position of the RWNJs have no place in modern society.

Comment

you don't pay attention do you rwh?
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

our earth has gone through many cooling and heating cycles, why is this still going on
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Uh, no. You must've missed the first sentence in the study.
                    Preliminary reviews of scientific literature and surveys of climate
                    scientists indicate striking agreement with the primary
                    conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
                    (IPCC): anthropogenic greenhouse gases have been responsible
                    for “most” of the “unequivocal” warming
                    of the Earth’s average
                    global temperature over the second half of the 20th century (1–3).
                    There is a 97% consensus. "Researchers" are not necessarily considered climatologists in that survey. My point has always been that the qualified experts in the field are around a 97% consensus. Apparently, what you qualify as an expert and what scientists and myself qualify as experts are apparently vastly different.

The fact that you and other deniers are still and apparently forever will be denying the mounds of evidence (13950 peer reviewed climate articles with only 24 denying GW), is like debating the facts of evolution with a creationist. It's laughable the creationist even get the attention or that climate deniers are part of the discussion anymore. I think the campaign of disinformation is coming to an end here shortly and within 5 or 10 years this will become as forgotten as the Ozone hole controversy in the 1980's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                      our earth has gone through many cooling and heating cycles, why is this still going on
                      you have anything to add other than trolling?

supposedly you're a scientist/engineer? *laughs*
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

you don't pay attention do you rwh?
                        Great non-answer. Maybe explain why you fight a survey which you agree with?

Maybe be intelligent and talk about best strategies moving forward, instead of focusing on red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by Animals are already dissolving in Southern Ocean acid
                          As well as warming the planet, the carbon dioxide we emit is changing the chemistry of the ocean. CO2 dissolves in water to form carbonic acid, making the water less alkaline. The pH is currently dropping at about 0.1 per century, faster than any time in the last 300 million years.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

^

SO what!!! 65 Million years ago the CO2 levels in general were much higher than they are now, so there for according to your quotes logic the seas must have been boiling cauldrons of caustic acid that nothing could live in.

Oh wait shit did live in it and it was not that acidic, lots of stuff thats no longer living on our planet, because the PH went up. So this kinda thing has happened before right, and things adapted to it.

I thought you were a big believer in evolution, survival of the fittest and adaptation??? What happened to all that. Oh wait I forgot thats only applies to pissing on the creationists parade right.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

And, 99% of all life on earth has gone extinct, why do we assume humanity has been tasked with preserving the life that has been here for our miniscule existence.

And, I'm waiting for someone to respond to my above question.

Comment

Farb you know the answer to that...... lol
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X