No announcement yet.

Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufacturers have wheels that fit, then those wheels get discontinued. Kosei had the K6R and K4R. The e30 hasn't been produced for over 25 years, so obviously selection of brand new wheels might not be as wide as 10 or 15 years ago. ;-)

Then there are the UL 949 rims.
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 09-05-2018, 06:36 AM.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

Then there are the UL 949 rims.

These are a confirmed fit? I've been searching for a second set of wheels and am looking for alternatives to the C1. Not that there is anything wrong with them.

Shoe

Comment

Originally posted by dolby View Post
        They now fit well. First race in 2 weeks. Thanks.
        Mike - I'm considering buying the same K8Rs you have, and I have a Massive BBK 300x32 setup. What spacers are you running (F/R), and did you have to file the calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
          Hey all, a long shot, but does anyone have any updates on 15x8 wheels that would work with the 300x32 kit? I am close to just resigning myself to the fact that custom wheels are needed.
          Maybe ? Jongbloed wheels ? I want to know too !
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

There seems to be tons of clearance behind the spokes for a thick rotor and caliper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sparco_FF_One_BlackGlossy_Det_04.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	9981337
            Last edited by Massive Lee; 04-03-2021, 07:56 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I've been looking at those, ~1lb lighter than TRM C1 is attractive.

Their site says they're available in 15x9 also, but I can't find them anywhere and I'm skeptical about whether I want to go through the pain of sourcing anything wider than a 225.
              Last edited by Northern; 03-29-2021, 05:56 AM.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Luis sent me this picture
                300x21mm BBK w/ Superlite calipers under 16x8 XXR 530. Tons of clearance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	167060757_2673259659638458_8051508889643540729_n.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	9981336

massivebrakes.com

Comment

The 15 inch Sparco wheels fit great. No clearance issues.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sparco2M.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	9990749

Click image for larger version  Name:	sparco22M.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	9990750

Comment

Wow. Yup. Very nice rims. Over the years, some great wheels become NLA, and new wheels get offered.
                    What width of wheels are they? 7" or 8" wide
                    Is that a front 300x21mm Sport kit or 300x32mm Race kit?
                    Let us know.. ;-)

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Hey All, Anyone have 15x8 Advanti Storm S1s they have put 300 x 32mm kit under? I'm not so concerned about barrel clearance (still need to check with template), but want to know if I need to go beyond existing 5mm spacers on ET25 wheel? Thanks, John Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, unless I'm doing something silly, it doesn't look like a 300 x 32 kit is going to fit my wheels. ET25. Knife is 20mm perfectly so it looks like even if I used a massive spacer, it still won't fit Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          Wow. Yup. Very nice rims. Over the years, some great wheels become NLA, and new wheels get offered.
                          What width of wheels are they? 7" or 8" wide
                          Is that a front 300x21mm Sport kit or 300x32mm Race kit?
                          Let us know.. ;-)

Lee
                          Sorry, should have put that info in the original post.
                          The brake kit is the 300x21mm sport kit. The wheels are the 8". However, with the 8", there was clearance issues with the strut, so you would definitely need a spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingg View Post

Sorry, should have put that info in the original post.
                            The brake kit is the 300x21mm sport kit. The wheels are the 8". However, with the 8", there was clearance issues with the strut, so you would definitely need a spacer.
                            I suggest that if using a 300x32mm (11.75"x1.25") kit , then a 12mm hubcentric shall work well.

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by jmr302 View Post
                              What about the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2?

Bimmerworld has them in 15x7 for $130/ea and the weigh 13.2 lbs. I like the styling better than the 2.0.
                              TD 1.2 in 15x7 E30 sizing does not fit over Lee's 300x32 race kit with a Wilwood SL6R caliper.

Its not a spoke clearance issue, the caliper physically does not fit in the barrel. 😌
                              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Working...
                              X