Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What detailing products do you use?

What do you use for detailing?
    For dashboard? Leather? Polishing and waxing? Tires? Black trim?

Dashboard- 303

Leather/Vinyl- if they are seats I use Chemical guys Sprayable Leather, other pieces I just use diluted APC to clean them.

Polishing- Meguairs 205, Griots Fast Finishing, Sonax Product Line

Wax/Sealant- Collonite 845/915, Jescar Power Lock, Bead Maker

Tires- Chemical Guys VRP

Trim- VRP

This setup is my go to. Makes maintenance a 45 minute process with wheels and door jams included

Comment

Dashboard - Soapy wooder to clean if needed, then 303 Protectant, otherwise I just use a duster to clean.

Leather/Vinyl seats - Diluted Simple Green and a magic eraser if the seats are looking shiny instead of nice and matte. If the seats have already been de-greased then Gliptone leather cleaner and microfiber towel. I stopped using conditioners, they don't do anything really for our painted leather seats, other than make them look shiny.

Clay bar - I think Meguiar's little kit which came with a quick detail spray for lube.

Cut - Meguiar's M105 with a wool cutting pad

Polish - 3M Finesse it II or Meguiar's M205 with a Chemical Guy's hex medium polishing pad (green), then a soft finishing pad (black)

Before Sealant/Wax - <20% strength Isopropyl Alcohol to clean off polish residue. Skip if I didn't polish.

Sealant - Klasse SG

Glass - Invisible Glass

Wheels - Meguiar's D14001 wheel brightener. Definitely only use outdoors, strong odors. Do not use on polished wheels. Followed by Klasse SG

Tires - Any random tire dressing that is on sale.

Black Plastics - Mother's Back to Black

Engine Bay - Soapy Wooder and some diluted Simple Green. Mother's Back to Black aggressively brushed on to plastics/rubbers.

Comment

Working...
      X