Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had a short on Fuse 20 behind the dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had a short on Fuse 20 behind the dash?

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is that is causing my blower motor to not turn on. When I bought the car, it was working, and it blew the fuse on my way home when I stuck the radio wiring in the dash to get it out of the way (the radio was missing). I don't think the blower motor would have seized at this time, as that's quite the coincidence. I have tested the leads on the fan switch and the correct resistance is coming across them, but I haven't been able to test voltage, as the fuse blows about a second or two after I turn the fan switch to anything other than off.

I haven't seen any obviously exposed wires back there (I had the dash pulled), so does anyone have any idea where I should be looking? Obviously, I shorted something when I stuffed the clump of wires in there but I don't even know where to look.

I have the electrical troubleshooting manual and the Bentley manual as well, but I'm just looking for any kind of guidance.

Do your power windows work? There is a relay called the unloader relay that disconnects power to high-draw devices when the starter is cranking over. Perhaps something is bad with this relay.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
      Do your power windows work? There is a relay called the unloader relay that disconnects power to high-draw devices when the starter is cranking over. Perhaps something is bad with this relay.
      They do, and I've never felt them get hot or anything like that.

Comment

Turns out my blower motor coincidentally blew right when I stuffed the wires behind the dash, I pulled it out and had no more blown fuse

Comment

Working...
        X