Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yowza, that looks sweet!!
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Damn your car is awesome and all the work you've put into it is amazing af. I'm also in GA so maybe I'll see you around some time. I was also thinking of trying to take a run at doing my own interior but I've been delayed because idk what sewing machine I should try to get. Do you mind sharing what sewing machine you used on your interior?

Comment

I ended up just getting the generic "heavy duty" singer (4411) on amazon. Internals of the machine held up fine (needles were replaced frequently), I just went slow. I had to learn how to time it and do some simple/generic repairs but that was it. For reference - the leather I had was very thick - maybe 1/16 or 3/32 - and I went over two layers many times with it.

Comment

Thank you so much. That's great to know because that was the exact machine that I was looking to purchase and I was concerned that the machine would not hold up. Thanks again sir.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lhfs5oZ.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	9916735

A few months ago before all this started I noticed the price of these new had gotten fairly reasonable ( and it still is). Excited to get them on the car!

Comment

Did you ever figure out your power issue? Is your cam a reground 272? You can’t get much lift out of a regrind, and a stroker really needs lift to do well.

I would swap out for an IE billet 284/280 or a schrick 284/272 and put on an OEM cam gear. If you keep your adjustable cam gear, fully degree in your cam or don’t use it IMO.

a stock healthy b25 with ITBs will almost make more power than that.

also the RHD air box would likely make a huge difference.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I haven't started down that rabbit trail yet, but its next on the list. When I went to get it tuned the first time I didn't realize how long it would take and had to get the car back that day, so they didn't have time to really dial it in well. The timing map didn't change at all from the stock MS one for instance, and there were still a few issues with oil leaks, etc. Since then I taught mysellf how to tune it and have been tuning it myself but have stayed conservative on timing. Hopefully in the next year I'll get to a dyno and get the timing dialed in.

When I assembled the engine i did use a dial indicator to get the cam centered again. When I find time the next step will be to adjust the cam whilst checking valve clearance, but that's going to take a little bit of figuring out. I do plan on using it in the future, just haven't gotten there yet.

An airbox is next on the list and I was planning on ordering one in the coming months. I'll say this, right now it feels like it pulls just as strong as 4k as it does at 6.2k, then the power drops off, so anecdotally it doesn't feel as.... old chrysler hemi v8 - ey, as the dyno chart would make it seem

Comment

Huge fan of this car, great work on the plaid! sub'd for Ronal LS and more dyno graphs

Comment

Originally posted by sert57 View Post

A few months ago before all this started I noticed the price of these new had gotten fairly reasonable ( and it still is). Excited to get them on the car!
                    Excellent choice of wheels! :)

Comment

I gotta say, this is probably my favorite visual upgrade to the exterior of the car. I LOVE how it looks. the increased width + offset makes the wheels sit out the right amount, and the wheels are just gorgeous.

Looking back, I should've gotten a photo or two with the hood popped and the socks off, but I'll get that soon enough.

Name:	y1VEzw8l.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	9921918

Name:	SEPSSkrl.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	9921919

Name:	idUfwQrl.jpg