Rear subframe bushing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear subframe bushing tool

Anyone have the bushing tool for the rear subframe that wouldn't mind renting it out before I start cutting and burning? I'd gladly put up a decent deposit if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    Don

carquest can press it out for you for $20, or go to any hourly-rate machine shop with a press and pay $10.

Comment

I pressed mine in with a vise. Just put some lube on it. Have someone hold it in the vise for you.
      You turn it to press it in and tap the vise with a hammer at the same time.

Comment

According to the posts I've read, using the tool negates the need to remove the subframe which is why I want to find one.

Comment

meh, Id just remove it, clean it, inspect it and paint it.

Comment

The tool is 10x easier. I bought it from SIR Tools 2 yrs ago and have been wanting to set it up for renting. $50 for a week plus a $150 deposit which will be refunded upon return. Of course the week is on top of the shipping. I am in S. Fl and so shouldnt take long. PM if interested.
            Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
            BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

I did it in 45 minutes per side without the tool. A floor jack did a lot of the work instead of a vice. Heating the subframe helps it slide out. 5/8 threaded rod pulls it in just fine.

Comment

Thanks, you have a PM>

Don

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                The tool is 10x easier. I bought it from SIR Tools 2 yrs ago and have been wanting to set it up for renting. $50 for a week plus a $150 deposit which will be refunded upon return. Of course the week is on top of the shipping. I am in S. Fl and so shouldnt take long. PM if interested.

Comment

I just burn them out.... hammer them in. Whats the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by dbgrubbs View Post
                    According to the posts I've read, using the tool negates the need to remove the subframe which is why I want to find one.
                    Just drop it like it's hot. It's a rite of passage for owning and modding an e30. Everyone should be forced to do it - like prison rape or some shit.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ That is true. The hard part is not getting the bushings out, it is lowering the subframe.

To OP....I did reply to the PM.

Comment

Rented the tool from monty23psk and what a breeze. About 30-45 minutes per side. Yeah, I could have gotten it done without the tool but why spend the day messing with it? I'd definitely recommend renting the tool.

Don

Comment

Thanks and Don was easy to work with. Anyone else interested, let me know.

Alex

Comment

Little info on tools and rental procedure. Worked well with dbgrubbs.

Rental fee $50 per week (7 days) plus shipping. Another $150 deposit that will be returned minus shipping cost. $25 for every week after. Will ship either FedEx or UPS and supply tracking. Return must be the same. Will include instructions. Day 1 starts the day after the part is received. Must be shipped on the eighth. Only do Paypal.

Part is from SIRtools, #3026. It also does e36, e28, e23, e34 and e32.

This beats buying the same $400 tool for a a hard job that only is done every so many years.

It will be 1st come, 1st serve and will have a queue and keep everyone updated along the way.

PM if you have questions.

I also have the FCAB bushing tools for those interested, a 10 min job for each side with it. Will do another post for it.

Comment

I just recieved the tool back and returned the deposit. Very smooth transaction. Thanks.

The tool is available for anyone who needs it. Just reply to this thread or send me a PM.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X