Recommendations on bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holland View Post
    Solid. Because rubber is for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bitches and the elderly. :up:
    Actually with your permission I want to make a vinyl rear window stick of that.

"Rubber is for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bitches and the elderly"

In auto school right now and the class we're doing now has us messing with vinyl.

Comment

I stayed with rubber in the subframe bushings, but I'm worried that the "Febi" brand just wasn't quality enough. I'm seeing significant up/down movement when jacking up on the subframe, as if the bushing came un-pressed, and I worry that it's responsible for a vibration when accelerating and while above 75mph.

I am looking into poly, but in searching for others with the issue I have I came across a guy who changed from PF to AKG. In the bushing comparison thread, PF is called the best. Can anyone comment on the length issue he saw?

Comment

I've got revshift 80a bushigs on the back and rubber M3 cabs up front. The ride is nice and firm but not jarring.

What's the deal with the top washer on subframe bushings? Mine didn't come with these so I left them off as the originals got mangled on removal. I've got about 5k on the refreshed suspension without issues... Will I have problems later?
        - Josh
        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
          I've got revshift 80a bushigs on the back and rubber M3 cabs up front. The ride is nice and firm but not jarring.

What's the deal with the top washer on subframe bushings? Mine didn't come with these so I left them off as the originals got mangled on removal. I've got about 5k on the refreshed suspension without issues... Will I have problems later?
          Being new here I clicked on your signature links... the license plate.. priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
            I stayed with rubber in the subframe bushings, but I'm worried that the "Febi" brand just wasn't quality enough. I'm seeing significant up/down movement when jacking up on the subframe, as if the bushing came un-pressed, and I worry that it's responsible for a vibration when accelerating and while above 75mph.

I am looking into poly, but in searching for others with the issue I have I came across a guy who changed from PF to AKG. In the bushing comparison thread, PF is called the best. Can anyone comment on the length issue he saw?

Ok, to be honest this is where I tend to start to get frustrated. As I mentioned explicitly in the first post "Best" is relative (and in the comparison thread PF is NOT considered "the best" overall, for example the IE trailing arm bushings are on my own car, don't squeak and have been great for the last 30k miles I'd give them full marks.). As for your "worry" about febi sfb, they should be just fine.

As for potential issues like shown in the photo you found, I would directly ask the manufacturer or seller of the parts. For the most part the resellers and manufacturers are not some unapproachable villainous entity; they will happily address issues and questions.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by yumenuu View Post
              Being new here I clicked on your signature links... the license plate.. priceless.
              thanks man. Need a shift boot?:D
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                thanks man. Need a shift boot?:D
                Actually, I looked at that one too. Thinking about the vinyl. I'll message you later about it, gotta look at mine to see how bad it is.

Comment

Personally have the Condor motor, tranny, CAB's and love em. Threw on the IE RSF and RTABs bushes and don't have any complaints. All a matter of personal taste. If I was ballin outta control I'd opt for Condor everything but my cars not a DD either yet.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                    As I mentioned explicitly in the first post "Best" is relative (and in the comparison thread PF is NOT considered "the best" overall, for example the IE trailing arm bushings are on my own car, don't squeak and have been great for the last 30k miles I'd give them full marks.).
                    I follow, and I'm only concerned with the subframe bushings. Aptyp's PF description is "world leader in urethane parts" and "world class," I read it as being based on quality of manufacturing and longevity. I was just curious if anyone else had comments since I've read conflicting arguments, and in the post above someone felt the opposite - AKG appearing better than PF.

I should probably re-install or replace my SFBs with rubber OE. If you haven't seen my thread, take a look at these pics and if you still think it's fine let me know. About 4-5k miles on the bushings.

At rest:

Subframe jacked up:

Comment

Originally posted by yumenuu View Post
                      Actually with your permission I want to make a vinyl rear window stick of that.

"Rubber is for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bitches and the elderly"

In auto school right now and the class we're doing now has us messing with vinyl.
                      Lol, go for it, just make it cool.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I'll agree with rubber, espectially for the trailing arm bushings. Those are really made to flex a bit from the factory. I'm still back and forth on AKG soft polys, or OEM for the subframe bushings on my Ti.

Comment

Anyone want to weigh in then on which ones to go with once the car is lowered?

I am torn between getting the condor 12mm subframe bushing, and then just doing everything else to correct camber and such.

Or should I go all rubber and get the alignment adjusters welded onto my rear subframe?

Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
                            Anyone want to weigh in then on which ones to go with once the car is lowered?

I am torn between getting the condor 12mm subframe bushing, and then just doing everything else to correct camber and such.

Or should I go all rubber and get the alignment adjusters welded onto my rear subframe?

Opinions?

I haven't followed some of this in awhile, can somebody point me to the direction of what exactly these Condor 12mm subframe bushings are? Thanks.

Truthfully - for a purely streetcar, you might as well get the adjusters. Dial out some fo the camber, and most of the toe. Bear in mind, it'll drive like crap, but your tire wear will be fantastic, and you might even gain a half a mpg. Otherwise, unless you're trying to correct a problem for some reason, I wouldn't worry about the adjustors. I had AKG adjustable subframe bushings in my first E30 trackcar, and you know where the race alignment shop set the rear camber & toe - barely a hair off stock. Just not worth the effort & expense IMO.

Comment

they raise the sub frame up 12mm relation to the body to move the trailing arms to help correct the camber issues. All my bushings are condor i have the 12mm risers and m3 offset cab with ground control coils. My car had 2 deg. camber in the rear at this ride height

Comment

Originally posted by mr.bennett View Post
                                they raise the sub frame up 12mm relation to the body to move the trailing arms to help correct the camber issues. All my bushings are condor i have the 12mm risers and m3 offset cab with ground control coils. My car had 2 deg. camber in the rear at this ride height

You're running the exact set up I would like to.

But being a street car I am thinking rubber RTABS.

How does it feel with all of the condor stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X