X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of Scammers in the WTB section. Just a warning. Please read

MOD EDIT:
    Bump to top for anyone who hasn't seen this sticky thread yet.

Originally posted by Panici View Post
    Beware of anyone offering parts "from a friend" through PMs.
    They will often give an email address for you to contact.

Ask for proof they have the part (picture with today's date handwritten on a piece of paper beside the item.)

If it's still in doubt get them on a phone call, and talk about E30s. (If a scammer even would go to this effort).
    With a quick convo you can assess if they are a legit E30 enthusiast or just someone looking to rip you off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original post by moreoff:

scammers in the WTB section beware. i posted a WTB for an mtech1 wing.

he asks me to email him, so i do

he then sends me this e-mail with photos (e-mail seems fishy so i google image search the photos)

I find his photos that he sent me in a bimmerforums thread from 2008
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

so i reply with this

Last edited by Panici; 05-19-2023, 11:16 AM.
    My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Yeah, same thing happened to me on my choth seat post. Some newbie with 0 post sends me a pm telling me to contact someone else. You contact the guy and he says he has what your looking for an incredible price, but only take monygram....

Comment

lol wow this same dude just messaged me.. It seemed a little weird nonetheless.. Now I know not to buy,, thanks man!
      Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Comment

This is happening on the BMW2002faq forum as well.

Comment

Ban.

Comment

Originally posted by jtuner View Post
            lol wow this same dude just messaged me.. It seemed a little weird nonetheless.. Now I know not to buy,, thanks man!
            Awesome. This is why I made this thread, just in case he was trying to scam anybody else :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
            My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Nicely done. It pays to be a little skeptical and careful. I have had great luck on both r3v and craigs list buying and selling, but you do have to pay attention. It is a shame that the scammers have found r3v. There is a lot of trust here in the car hobby, lets all work together just like moreoff's post to identify the crooks when they show up.

GP

Comment

Nice work, indeed!! Wtf is money gram, anyway?

Comment

Keep up the good work guys!
                  Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                  BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                  www.BavRest.com
                  My Feedback Thread
                  Our Facebook!
                  Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
                    Nice work, indeed!! Wtf is money gram, anyway?
                    i think it's like western union or something, but without the physical stores
                    My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

i contacted r3vlimited about that user. he tried selling me a hardtop. but said he couldnt call me, i couldnt pick it up and he would only take money order. OH and the pictures of the hardtop were one from an old post on here. total scam. Beware of st0neage.

Comment

Was just emailed by jackrami451@gmail.com about my wtb ad. 100% percent a scam attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by nychris View Post
                          was just emailed by jackrami451@gmail.com about my wtb ad. 100% percent a scam attempt.
                          +1

Comment

Ive had a similar scam attempt. Different email address (steveparkr895@gmail.com), but exact same message. I asked for another picture because the one he showed me was unclear. And he said that was the best he could get lol.
                            Attached Files
                            PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

I've been hit with this three different times in the last 2 months

Comment

Working...
                              X