F20C powered 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    on the other hand, as long as i can use the stock EMS an F2* is fine in california...
    I've been thinking about this too. There are some emissions related bits on the s2k gas tank but it doesn't look that complicated....
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      I've been thinking about this too. There are some emissions related bits on the s2k gas tank but it doesn't look that complicated....
      our kit is for offroad use only ;)

to make it legal in the people's republic of California you have a few problems but they can all be solved

1. the immobilizer- to make the stock ecu work most people break off the immobilizer board from the US ecu. This will leave the CEL on. You should be able to wire up the immobilizer and use the key that matches your ECU.

2. air pump-easy, air pump simulator will get the CEL out but I think you will need an actual pump to get the car to pass in Cali

3. secondary 02 sensor-add a cat and a second o2
      1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
      1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
      1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
      1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

While we are waiting on parts to finish the kits, we started a new project.......

1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

I would love to do this swap some day when I nuke my M20 (again). Keep up the great work.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Created an account just for this swap kit/info! Looking forward to the kits being available for purchase.

Any updates?

Comment

Yeah, I'm hungry for some updates too! Ready to do the swap some time late this year!

Comment

Waiting on the last design of the oil pan to be tested and we are done. After trying a few versions of the driveshaft, we have 2 solutions. We build a complete one piece with a slip joint and 1310 u joints. This is expensive but really strong (this is what is in the red 318is with the k24a2 turbo) or the cheaper option is you take the s2000 driveshaft and stock e30 driveshaft and mate the two together (this is what's int the white car with the f20c)
                80 Likes, 22 Comments - 625Inc (@625inc) on Instagram: “Who is ready for some F20c kits?”
                1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Any updates? Adding you guys to f20c thread I'm curating here:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-technical-forums/engine-drivetrain/m30-other-swaps/10047596-honda-f20c-swap-honda-s2000-engine-into-bmw-e30-thread
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X