Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Line Replacement

Hey folks,
    A little while back I had a fuel line split on the way home from work. After a long walk across several parking lots, with stops at Lowe's and Autozone, I got enough new hose spliced in to get home. I ordered some new hose, and new clamps for good measure. It took me a while to sort through the pics and get it written up, but I just added the how-to to the website. Link is below. It covers replacing the fuel hoses in the engine bay (supply, return, and charcoal canister lines).

E30 Fuel Hose Replacement (Engine Bay)

I hope it's helpful! As always, let me know if you have thoughts for improvement, or if it's helpful.

Seth
    sigpic

ClassicBimmerBits.com

Garage:______________________________________
    -1989 Alpinweiss II 325i - Other Daily Driver
    -1989 Zinnoberrot 325i - Daily Driver
    -1974 2002 - Weekender
    -1989 325ix - Totalled :(
    -1981 320i - Sold
    -1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold

Ah, was coming in hoping for line replacement from the tank to the engine bay. Checking out your site for the first time though and the blower motor replacement might just be up next on my to do list. Thanks for the resource.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
      Ah, was coming in hoping for line replacement from the tank to the engine bay. Checking out your site for the first time though and the blower motor replacement might just be up next on my to do list. Thanks for the resource.
      Ahh, sorry! That's on my to-do list, but I haven't gotten it done yet. I'll make sure to follow up and let you know when it's posted (it could be a little while :( ).
      sigpic

ClassicBimmerBits.com

-1974 2002 - Weekender
      -1981 320i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        from the tank to the engine bay is pretty straightforward. Tank to the filler neck area (breather line etc) is where problems usually are. Pop the breather line metal cover and plastic cover by the filler neck (right side wheel well), you will find of kind of nasty surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          from the tank to the engine bay is pretty straightforward. Tank to the filler neck area (breather line etc) is where problems usually are. Pop the breather line metal cover and plastic cover by the filler neck (right side wheel well), you will find of kind of nasty surprises.
          Got that right. I can't be the only one who's pulled up a back seat to find that vent tube on the passenger side rusted to pieces. And that cover in the wheel well always seems to be full of mud and rust.

The hardest part about running the fuel lines up to the engine bay is getting everything formed to fit the body nicely, but it's really not a bad job.
          sigpic

ClassicBimmerBits.com

-1974 2002 - Weekender
          -1981 320i - Sold

Comment

Working...
          X