Just picked up - E30 Touring 320i (S50)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up - E30 Touring 320i (S50)

Just got this. Only looking to do minor things and iron wrinkles out, as all the heavy lifting has been done.

It's a 1989 320i from Italy, with a Euro M3 S50B30 engine and G265 trans swapped in. 3.64 Limited slip (makes a whine, so rebuild coming). Ground control E30 5 lug swap front, GC camber plates, E36 M3 front brakes, 318ti rear brakes, the list goes on.

I'll change out the wheels for some Alpina replicas, make some very minor cosmetic changes, and tidy up some stuff, wiring, making a bracket for the power steering reservoir, etc.

Nice find!
    1991 318iC
    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. Is there a story behind how you found it?

Comment

It was at Glen Shelly Auto Brokers North of Denver. Alex is a really nice guy and does a lot of cool cars there, and I wasn't looking for one, but reading the specs and being a rare model with a swap - I just kinda fell for it.

With the wrinkles it still has (likely Vanos issue) and some wiring and minor stuff, it was harder to sell, and Alex didn't want a non-project type person to get it and be really disappointed, so he turned down others offers, because he knew they would not be happy if they couldn't handle the (what is normal to most of us) "project car foibles." He's a good guy.

When it isn't really cold and snowing like now, I'll take it outside for some better pics.

Comment

neat car!
          cars beep boop

Comment

mean. I love that color

Comment

The Glen Shelly link for the lazy: https://glenshelly.com/sales/1989-eu...d-320i-touring

It's neat, I just wish the S50 sounded less like an M42, somehow I thought they sounded different.

Comment

Nice car! The upper portion of the left-rear door looks darker to my eyes. I know the add said the clear was peeling, but it looks like it's been repainted perhaps? It would explain the peeling clear on only that door.

Love the color and that interior!

Comment

Awesome find
                  sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

I remember seeing this for sale. The S50 is a sweet engine. I hope it treats you well!
                    Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Thanks. Yes, that door and the hood have been repainted. It's not a 100 point concours car for sure.

The S50 actually sounds pretty badass, the audio on it just isn't all that good. It's much better/raunchier in person.

Comment

Originally posted by greggearhead View Post
                        The S50 actually sounds pretty badass, the audio on it just isn't all that good. It's much better/raunchier in person.
                        Good to hear!

Comment

Stunning find! Bravo. Stealthy wagon.
                          Last edited by agent; 01-25-2019, 08:22 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire OP
                          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

How was the drive with the 3.64 gear ratio?

Comment

So what was the price out the door?!

Comment

Working...
                              X