E30 S54 Tachs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 S54 Tachs

Haven't seen any info as to what swappers are doing for tachs? Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by R3Z3N
    PLEASE MOVE THREAD TO S54 SUBSECTION!
    Done
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I had a 9k overlay made. My car was a 325 so the plug is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N
        If you had a 4cyl engine you need to change the coding plug.

Either way have Bavarian Restoration or E30 Dad print you up a correct Tach, along with any other mods.

Here is mine:

Oooh... that looks snazzy. More info?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          Oooh... that looks snazzy. More info?
          See our instagram for the many S54 tachs we have done, in many different styles.

Www.instagram.com/bavarianrestoration. Message me with questions or to place order.
          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Bavarian restoration did a 9k tach for me in the same sweep as the M3 8k tach. WIth a custom coding plug it looks stock.
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Ended up going with e30_dad. Even though it worked it was about to grenade. Yellow crap leaked out of the transformer all over board and components. Diodes and resistors were about cooked. Oh and the cluster was from an 83, mines an 89.[emoji3064] my typical luck

Comment

Same, I can no longer recommend BavRest, enough so that I will be removing any traffic to their website via my build thread or other posts on this forum.
                Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-19-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbett1 View Post
                  Ended up going with e30_dad. Even though it worked it was about to grenade. Yellow crap leaked out of the transformer all over board and components. Diodes and resistors were about cooked. Oh and the cluster was from an 83, mines an 89.[emoji3064] my typical luck

This is because E30_dad does not actually replace any electronic components such as those transistors, capacitors or diodes or perform any component level repairs. He just takes "known working" parts and swaps them. We actually take the time to refurbish the circuit boards and replace components that will fail like this.
                  Last edited by Gregs///M; 12-17-2019, 02:33 PM.
                  www.BavRest.com
                  My Feedback Thread
                  Our Facebook!
                  Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by BryanOrange001
                    A local shop in Toronto did my s54 swap and used BavRest for the 9k tach and digital oil temp readout... long story short the digital display was broken on arrival and Bavrest told the shop it was their fault and wouldn’t refund the cost after months of back and forth (readout is still in plastic and was never installed). The overlay was also not of the highest quality.
                    Now that I’m out of pocket the roughly $350 for the digital display portion (shop I’m sure added a markup on that) I’ve been dealing with e30_dad who has been amazing with his customer service so I would definitely check him out.

This topic was brought up on the s54 e30 Owner’s group on FB and many had the same customer service results as I did with Bavrest.
                    I sold these guys a digital gauge system. I told them specifically that we recommend that we install the gauge system because its fragile in a uninstalled state and requires professional installation. However these guys wanted to do it themselves and bugged me to sell them a kit that they can do themselves. So I made them a kit, and tested it before shipment, like we always do. I told these guys that if I sell them a kit, and since we are not installing it, it will not come with any warranty of any kind. Therefore, any damage that occurred after they handled it is their responsibility. When you buy something, as is, without a warranty, you cannot expect the manufacturer to honor a warranty that does not exist. I have gave these guys tons of technical support but they are unfairly bashing our products and company. Most likely they damaged it trying to install it because they called and email me several times over the course of a few weeks, they said they tried to install it many times and needed a detailed walk though so its obvious they struggled to install it and most likely damaged it themselves.

If they would have just had us install the unit, everything would have worked perfect. This is why we have hundreds of clients with digital gauges in their clusters that love it without any issues.

If you guys wanna go to E30_dad who does not actually refurbish anything, I know this because I used to refurbish clusters for E30_dad, then go ahead. Instead of supporting the team that sponsors R3vlimited, go with an amateur that does not support R3v. Real classy.
                    www.BavRest.com
                    My Feedback Thread
                    Our Facebook!
                    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Confirmed, dealing with Greg and his customer service approach is comical. I removed my earlier post out of respect to try and hear his side and maybe figure out the issue by dealing with him directly rather than the shop that did my swap. He sent quite the explanation (which in fairness I see his side) but following his explanation was quite the nasty “go f••• yourself” response.

e30_dad is where it’s at.

Comment

Some facts about this case:
                        -Bryanorange001 is not a customer of ours. He was never involved in the discussions, emails, phone calls, and messages related to the purchase of the digital gauge system, its installation, or technical support. He is not a customer, has never made any purchases from us. My dealings were strictly between the shop owner (purchaser) and his installer.
                        -Several weeks were spent with me helping troubleshoot both the installation of the digital gauge system and repair of the cluster. We have never received, seen pictures of, or touched his cluster in any way. After these weeks, purchaser says the unit is defective or damaged and wants full refund. I made it very clear ahead of purchase that this is a DIY kit, we are not installing it, and we cannot offer any warranty if purchaser is going to install. On the invoice itself, that he paid, it says no refunds whatsoever.
                        -Bryanorange001 admitted that his cluster is still not working along with the non working digital gauge system. It appears the shop and installer abandoned the repair.

If anyone doubts my customer service to the BMW community, do a search on this forum and read all my technical articles. Also visit our website and read up on the technical articles I spend over a decade studying and perfecting cluster repair. While it does not detail everything, its enough to educate people and know what to look out for when buying or repairing your own cluster or searching around for a cluster repair shop.
                        www.BavRest.com
                        My Feedback Thread
                        Our Facebook!
                        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I cannot vouch for BavRest service. My experience was unpleasant and I will not use them again.

Comment

Working...
                          X