No announcement yet.

Rear subframe bushing removal 101.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think I'd rathar pay the money than do it myself. When I installed my wheel bearings, I smashed the crap out of my thumb and now my nail is going to fall off. I also cut my forehead.

How many hours do shops charge to do it usually?

Comment

$500 for labor!!! wow. they charge like 120 dollars here in germany to replace the bushings, and thats including the price of the new ones(and thats at the stealership). we just used a large press the other day to do my buddies urethane bushings worked like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
        Yeah, I think I'd rathar pay the money than do it myself. When I installed my wheel bearings, I smashed the crap out of my thumb and now my nail is going to fall off. I also cut my forehead.

Silly wasian. I will check AllData at work today and get the book time on it.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I just use this:

cost: $1 for the nut and bolt and some free scrap metal. ;)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

But whats the fun in that? When I replaced mine It took a drill, a big fucking hammer, and a blowtorch :D

thats a very fun combo, how can you miss it!

Comment

I'm just really tired of working on my cars. I took the head off and put it back on my corolla 3 times last month. Then the wheel bearing thing happened. A few months before that I installed the stainless steel brake lines. That sucked, I got brake fluid in my eye. Those rear ones are the worst.

I know that if I did the subframe bushings, it'll take me a few days and I'll lose a finger.

Comment

A few months before that I installed the stainless steel brake lines. That sucked, I got brake fluid in my eye. Those rear ones are the worst.
                it's almost impossible to do without removing the subframe, in fact I didn't get to the inner drivers side until I did all my bushings and had the subframe out. kinda wondering how you got brake fluid in your eye, that must have hurt!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I got it in my eye when I was doing the rear brake lines, and I didn't empty the resivour before I started working on it. I should of. :oops:

Comment

probably not a good idea anyway, you don't want the ABS pump to drain or you'll be stuck going to a dealer to have them cycle it.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                      probably not a good idea anyway, you don't want the ABS pump to drain or you'll be stuck going to a dealer to have them cycle it.
                      Bulshit. This is a rumor.

My ABS pump was out of my car for a freaking year, it was empty/dried out.

All my lines, the pump, calipers etc were cleaned inside and out and dry inside.

Filled system with fluid, bled, and everything works great. ABS included.

Comment

I always run mine dry every year to completely flush old fluid out of the system... Abs still works fine.

Must be some weird ass IX thing :D

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          I always run mine dry every year to completely flush old fluid out of the system... Abs still works fine.

Must be some weird ass IX thing :D
                          naw, probably just some misinformation I read online. me =
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Torching the subframe bushings certainly was fun, except I did it too close to my car and got "negro" ghosts all over my car from the burning rubber.

I got brake fluid in my eye too. Dripped a little when I was bleeding the cluch slave during the tranny swap. It burned so bad, and my vision in that eye was blurry for an hour.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                              Torching the subframe bushings certainly was fun, except I did it too close to my car and got "negro" ghosts all over my car from the burning rubber.
                              Dude that shit got EVERYWHERE. Never again.

Comment

yeah... the biggest problem i had was getting the damn subframe off the car... that sucked ass. Busted a torch and a press out on the subframe bushings, and made a badass little tool to get the trailing arm bushings out... but yeah... fuck the subframe, i hate it... i wish i had a hover car so i wouldnt have to worry about it...

Jordan- I want to have sex with your car... just fyi- look out buddy

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                                On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                                BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                                X