Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brake setup are you currently running?? Favorite setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's really expensive. I'd just put in Castrol LMA. Unless you're going to be hittin up the track or something.

Comment

front: ATE powerslot rotors/ stocky mintex pads
      Rear: Stock rotors/ Stocky mintex pads

Castrol GTX fluid

hey guys, whats the big differentce with the ATE Super Blue Fluid. Im going to start Auto-xing and im not all that happy with how my brake pedal feels.
      90 325is
      IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Some crap that the PO put on. Not replacing them yet since they only have 20,000kms on them. Almost no bite, and I've had them fade on me a few times on the 401 when dropping anchor at 180 kph. Fluid is fresh Valvoline Synthetic DOT4 (best stuff they had at Canadian Tire, just around the corner from my shop). If anything I'll replace the pads.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
          Wow, that's really expensive. I'd just put in Castrol LMA. Unless you're going to be hittin up the track or something.
          Ya damn skippy. Like I said, I won't be doing that again. :oops:

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by rcwells
            Ya damn skippy. Like I said, I won't be doing that again. :oops:
            Well, is there still air in your lines?
            Trevor Ely
            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

5 lug
              OEM everything
              ss brake lines
              superblue
              edit: I pull .9G on street roads and street tires according to a g-tech. When braking the car has very little dive with the GCs, so the gforce rating is fairly accurate. Not happy w/ pedal feel tho

need ..dual ..master ..cylinder setup

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                hey guys, whats the big differentce with the ATE Super Blue Fluid. Im going to start Auto-xing and im not all that happy with how my brake pedal feels.
                There isn't really a big difference with ATE super blue. If you have brakes that fade, it's not going to make your car brake better. It has a pretty high boiling point, but it's not the best stuff. If you're not going to the track, it's not a big deal.

Comment

Yes, there is some air in the system. I really haven't had much time to fool with it right now, and it is braking okay, just not optimally. At some point I will rebleed when I have time.

Comment

I was thinking of getting Pagid Sport pads - really pricey - but they seemed like they'd be worth it.

These things probably give off as much dust, if not more, than the pagid pads, don't they?

I want something that will not fade on the track and will have very good cold bite when autocrossing. Basically - has to be a damn good pad for all conditions.

If it has very little dust, awesome. But, it's not a requirement. I'll deal with the dust for performance.

So...how are those Hawk pads?
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

I'm going with ATE OEM replacements F/R (slotted rotors = SM in local SCCA :roll: )
                      And either Axxis Ultimates from BMA (Or Hawk HP+ / HPS from Bimmerworld)

I need to decide if I want good streetability and low dust or great bite and lots of dust and LOUD.

I'm thinking Axxis for now, then Hawk when I get 625# springs in the back. And lose the sound deadening.

Comment

Personal experience on the dust so far is that the Axxis Ultimates I have now don't dust nearly as badly as what I had expected or had heard. They do throw more than what I had before (po installed, so I don't know what was in place) and noise is non-existent. I did use some no-squeal orange goo, so that could be the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                          There isn't really a big difference with ATE super blue. If you have brakes that fade, it's not going to make your car brake better. It has a pretty high boiling point, but it's not the best stuff. If you're not going to the track, it's not a big deal.
                          ATE may not be the best, but $ to performance, it's a good bargain, especially compared to Motul.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Personal experience on the dust so far is that the Axxis Ultimates I have now don't dust nearly as badly as what I had expected or had heard. They do throw more than what I had before (po installed, so I don't know what was in place) and noise is non-existent. I did use some no-squeal orange goo, so that could be the reason?
                            Alright, definately going with them.

Hawk may be better for stopping but I ain't trying to win anything now, just need some good street pads with some performance.

Comment

I like the look of the Brembos. Can you say they stop better than the stockers did?
                              How much did you pay and where did you order them from?

I am scheduled to have my calipers off this weekend, and I'm going to powdercoat mine red too. :up:

...so where did you get those slotted brembo's from???? they are a nice upgrade and look better than Ate slotted imo......
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
                                5 lug
                                OEM everything
                                ss brake lines
                                superblue
                                edit: I pull .9G on street roads and street tires according to a g-tech. When braking the car has very little dive with the GCs, so the gforce rating is fairly accurate. Not happy w/ pedal feel tho

need ..dual ..master ..cylinder setup
                                Yeah, from MY GTECH, ;). Forgot you still had that thing.

So I gather that the PBR Front Ceramic Pads that BMA Supplies for 39.72 is equivalent to Axxis Ultimates?

-Saul
                                Saul
                                01 330ci Daily Driver
                                89 332is Auto-x Friend
                                95 M3 *SOLD*
                                87 325is *SOLD*

Comment

Working...
                                X