X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Would be nice to get this bitch in the air to help out

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worlds-...d-by-u-s-govt/
    News flash, its already out here. Yes it can drop a shit ton of mud, however its slow as fuck when it comes to making drops, just like hte DC10s. Over an hour turnaround between loads.

A faster yet much slower flying bird is up in BC. The Martin Mars... 7200 gallon load, can drop water, foam or a blue retardant called Thermogel that can be mixed in flight. Takes 30 seconds to reload. Can drop 28000 gallons an hour for 7 hrs straight. Has the most advanced navigation system of any air tanker currently in use.

You tell me, is 28000 gallons an hour more than 18000, or 11400? Let me think here... Still it sits up in BC waiting for a contract from someone because its flight speed is less than 300 mph. People say its too old, yet the Erickson DC7s aren't much newer, nor are most of the S2T Trackers, or the P2V Neptunes (retired 2 weeks ago and brought back for the fires here). Hawaii Mars has been kicking fires asses for more than 50 years.

For the fires here, it could scoop off of either SF bay, or Lake Berryessa, flight time to the fire 5-15 min, drop, back in anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour. Even if it takes half an hour, its still outpacing the DC10s, and very close to keeping pace with the 747. We could also use the Canadair CL415s, they are similar to the Mars, however they hold only 1600 gallons. Still they can scoop from most lakes in the area and be back on the fire in minutes.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I can't believe how bad it is.

Comment

I read a non confirmed report that tanker 944, the 747, was withdrawn from service. It might be due to needing its 100 hr inspection. If anyone is over in the Sacramento McClellen area, go have a look. That is where all the heavy tankers are being loaded and operating out of. It should make for a good airshow.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Removed metal front bumper to examine the damage from the PO who rear ended somebody.

Any thoughts on how to tackle this? Can this be bent straight w/ a torch / ball peen? Possible frame rail damage?
          JP
          WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
          88 325 super eta
          00 528i/5 (daily)
          02 530iA sport

Former
          04 525iA sport
          87 325is
          91 325i
          97 528i

Comment

Yikes, is the bumper super misaligned when on?
            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
              Yikes, is the bumper super misaligned when on?
              Yeah it looks like this:

I want to convert to plastics as well -- so I'll need to get that thing off...

Another forum member has that spare piece of frame rail that I may be able to cut out and weld in.
              JP
              WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
              88 325 super eta
              00 528i/5 (daily)
              02 530iA sport

Former
              04 525iA sport
              87 325is
              91 325i
              97 528i

Comment

Yea I think they hammered the frame rail to get the valance off and replace it but never did anything to fix the frame rail itself.

The cut and weld could work but if the frame rail is out of sort it really doesnt do you any good until its straightened out. Youll just have a misaligned bumper again.

Thats a bummer man :( Go full tube frame lol
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Does anyone have any leads on a storage space for an E30? I just moved to a new apartment building, and it's unfortunately an arm and a leg for a parking space. It doesn't have to be in East Bay, but within the Bay Area would be great. Just need to save up a bit of money before I get get wrenching on it again to fix all of its issues.

Otherwise, it's $100/month at my new apartment building. :(
                  1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                  2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                  2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                  2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                  1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                  1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                    Does anyone have any leads on a storage space for an E30? I just moved to a new apartment building, and it's unfortunately an arm and a leg for a parking space. It doesn't have to be in East Bay, but within the Bay Area would be great. Just need to save up a bit of money before I get get wrenching on it again to fix all of its issues.

Typically in the Bay Area you won't find car storage under 100 bucks. When I was looking the only option under 150 a month was in someone house (rv parking spot) for 80 bucks and that was taken in about an hour after post.

Comment

it's $100/month at my new apartment building. :(
                      that's a steal.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I pay $130 for where my car is.
                        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Biggest issue is I’m not allowed to work on it there, at all, and it’s a stacked space.

Oh well.

Guess I’ll just suck it up and pay shops to do the work.
                          2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                          2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Reccommendations for alignment place in Sacramento? Is there somewhere that has 1 or more year alignment service or something like that?

Comment

i'm paying twice that for private parking in SF. take it and keep the car with you.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                                i'm paying twice that for private parking in SF. take it and keep the car with you.
                                I went to go purchase my second spot, and the front desk alerted me that there's free parking (6 spots) in front of the building where there's no street sweeping ever.

There happened to be a spot available, so I snagged it. Basically, I can just cycle whichever car I'm not driving into that spot. It's a hassle to swap cars if I decide to drive a different one, (i.e. the car I'm actively driving should be in the PAID space, and the one out front should be the storage space), but it's free!
                                2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                                2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Working...
                                X