No announcement yet.

Charlie’s first E30 - 325i-C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I ask why are you planning to replace the head bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieVu View Post

Current own: 2017 4runner trd off-road and as of today 1999 325ic
      Originally posted by CharlieVu View Post
      They should, came off the same year n model. I assumed they are called late cause they look different n are named that way on eBay lmao!
      Im assuming you meant 1989, which for every model except the convertible was considered a late model, and those taillights you purchased would work. The convertible didnt convert to the late model taillights until 1991 or 1992, not entirely sure. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the late model taillights will not work on your 1989 convertible. You can convert the car easily to the late model bumpers though haha

You'll find out soon enough :up:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by alloydix View Post
        May I ask why are you planning to replace the head bolts?
        Been reading up on what I should replace while I'm replacing the timing belt. I saved $400 on the asking price so putting that cash into replacing these 30 year old parts. I didn't get any of the records so will be replacing everything I can before I start driving it as my DD.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Im assuming you meant 1989, which for every model except the convertible was considered a late model, and those taillights you purchased would work. The convertible didnt convert to the late model taillights until 1991 or 1992, not entirely sure. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the late model taillights will not work on your 1989 convertible. You can convert the car easily to the late model bumpers though haha

You'll find out soon enough :up:

You’re right :( time to find a driver taillight

Comment

You can always sell the late model taillights for more than the cost of a single early model taillight. You'll be fine :up:
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice looking vert! Check out the first few pages of my build thread to see how you can clean up those rocker mouldings (looked worn in pic from first post) it's cheap too! Good luck with the maintenance.

Comment

congrats. i wish you many happy miles

Comment

we're patiently waiting for a pic of the ol' ladies... yes GF included.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Charlie’s first E30 - 325i-C

Lmao!
                    Update:

Completed:
                    Rear struts
                    Spark plugs
                    Valve cover painted wrinkle red ( still polishing the letters and lines)
                    Valve gasket
                    Returned head bolts(mine were upgraded already)
                    Distributor
                    Dist rotor
                    Brake sensors

Next:
                    Timing belt
                    PS and AC belt
                    -light engine oil flush (running transmission fluid for ten minutes. Found a bit of sludge under that valve cover l)
                    Graf water pump
                    Coolant flush
                    Dinan chip ($50 thanks ebay)
                    Front valance
                    Front windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by CharlieVu; 02-23-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Charlie did post a pic of his girlfriend on post #12. It's just Charlie plays for the other team. Lol
                      Welcome to the family Charlie, we don't judge, well, sorta...

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                        we're patiently waiting for a pic of the ol' ladies... yes GF included.

Lol don’t go blind! Here’s one of our baby girls first year last weekend!

Originally posted by jits123 View Post
                        congrats. i wish you many happy miles

Thank you kind sir!

Originally posted by NEOe30 View Post
                        Nice looking vert! Check out the first few pages of my build thread to see how you can clean up those rocker mouldings (looked worn in pic from first post) it's cheap too! Good luck with the maintenance.

Will do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
                          Charlie did post a pic of his girlfriend on post #12. It's just Charlie plays for the other team. Lol

Welcome to the family Charlie, we don't judge, well, sorta...

Bahaha

Comment

Charlie gets a gold star! Haha
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Charlie gets a gold star! Haha

Woooot!

Comment

Update:

Replaced the broken taillight

Cut the ac belt(ordered new bracket and saucer bolt-) current ones are stripped so couldn’t relieve the tension to the belt to remove it.

Water pump came off with ease (due to the fact it was held on by 2 not 3 bolts. (Looking to order bolts but can I just go to ace and buy a m8x22 replacement?) Not sure how it was not leaking but I’m sure will fix the weird squeaking noise I heard when doing the walk around.

Taught myself how to set the timing(YouTube videos helped a lot) lost the lower cover bolt so now I have to order that... All in all, she’s coming together. As soon as my package comes in from ecs tuning, I can remove the timing belt, remove the camshaft gear and replace the head seal and o ring then back together she goes. I can’t wait to start driving it. So happy to know after all this time invested, she will be driving right and that these parts I won’t have to replace for another 5 years (cross fingers)

Checked the rear brake sensor again and still can’t locate the harness or sensor. No where to be found on the axle or behind the brake caliper. I may have to just pull the bulb from the cluster if I want to get Denver to pass emissions and register it.

Things left to do, clean up the head case so I can install new valve gasket. (All victor rein gaskets)

Sand down the over spray on the valve cover(wrinkle red) and try again. Got impatient and sprayed a bunch and tried using a heat gun. That didn’t go too well..

After the engine tune up...moving to the cabin and deep cleaning the seats. Will be removing the carpet to wash and probably spraying it dark brown or black. Really want to reupholster the seats with a dark brown quilted look. Car is starting to nickel and dime me. Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X