X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30love View Post
    what are you goin to do for a motor
    +1

BTW dont ever take down that project blog and site you got goin cause I am gonna need it in like...Idunno...10 years.
    Looks great d00d!

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by e30love View Post
      what are you goin to do for a motor
      I have a powerplant in mind, but until I get closer to actually droping it in I don't want to reveal any details. I was always frustrated when I would read about a cool idea, and the guy never came through with it. All I can say is that it will be mounted as low and as far back as possible.

Suspension is probably the next item in line...I'm undecided if I should buy a coilover setup or fabricate my own system. I have a few ideas for the design of my own system, but the ease of just bolting on a prefab setup is always nice.
      Last edited by belosic; 04-22-2008, 09:02 PM. Reason: html removal
      sigpic

Comment

The rear diffuser is coming along slowly...I'm still waiting for my new fuel cell to get here. The fuel cell will determine the placement of the vertical supports for the diffuser, so I have to wait.

In the meantime I've made some progress on the body work, I slathered all the fabric in epoxy micro so that I can smooth and sand before paint.

blog- http://www.projecte30.blogspot.com

I also made my carbon/kevlar door skins. They came out pretty nice, I just have to figure out a way to attach them to the car. I don't know how much they weight because my scale is only accurate to 6oz. I think they weigh about 6-8oz each...less than a pound for sure. FYI- don't make carbon panels in your driveway while wearing a respirator and a tyvek suit...your neighbors might call the EPA

Also- I created some "running boards" that help tie in the flares with the rest of the car. They also attach to the (future) undertray and will give me and extra 12" of undertray diffuser. I made the running boards out if aluminum honeycomb composite with Lexan vertical panels (barge boards). I made the barge boards out if lexan so that if I hit something in the middle they should flex and not break...we'll see. I still have about 4" of clearance (now I have to buy a low-profile jack).

http://www.projecte30.blogspot.com
        Last edited by belosic; 05-05-2008, 04:42 PM. Reason: added link
        sigpic

Comment

Holy hell!
          Very nice.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

you are fucking nuts

keep it up!
            m106 1990 e30
            e36 daily
            e32 cruiser

Comment

Look, you are not allowed to just start making carbon fiber body panels alright. Stop that right now

Comment

This project never ceases to amaze me. You make me wish I could do a project today. I anxiously await all the progress that you post.

Originally posted by belosic View Post
                FYI- don't make carbon panels in your driveway while wearing a respirator and a tyvek suit...your neighbors might call the EPA
                I gotta know ...DID they call the EPA? And if so, how did that go?

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

I feel like its going to be hard to take the bumper off....

Looks good dude!
                  -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by belosic View Post
                    I was always frustrated when I would read about a cool idea, and the guy never came through with it. All I can say is that it will be mounted as low and as far back as possible.
                    I wonder what it could be.. :)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                    Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                    E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                      I feel like its going to be hard to take the bumper off....

Looks good dude!
                      I temporarily molded in the bumpers so that I could get my lines a little more accurate...I'll be making a relief cut to get the bumpers off soon --- I have to take them off to finish fab'ing my splitter and diffuser mounts).

I don't want anyone mistaking this for a show car with molded bumpers ;)
                      Last edited by belosic; 05-06-2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling
                      sigpic

Comment

Everytime I see an update for this car, it just leaves me hungry for another one. I love it.

'88 325is
                        VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                        BMWCCA 380364

Comment

By popular demand- here's an update

You can check out my blog-
                          http://projecte30.blogspot.com/

And I also made a new web-photo album...there's a link to it from my blog. It contains all my build photos so far, good and bad!

Anyway, I've been working on the fuel cell and the rear diffuser...there was a lot more work in making the diffuser than I had originally planned on. I made it out of aluminum honeycomb composite...I was thinking of using carbon but the weight savings would only be a couple pounds for triple the cost. I could use a little weight in the back anyway. The brackets are welded directly to the chassis frame rails.

sigpic

Comment

simply amazing
                            sigpic
                            24v swapped

Comment

I have a feeling this could car could be the one that moves the e30 quickly into 240sx/Silvia territory.

Comment

Holy crap how did I miss this one... Loving the build and all the little projects melded into one!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X