Project: M-Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: M-Gauge

Yes, it's a complete rip-off of the "G-Gauge" project..... I stumbled upon GG's project, and figured I'd build/demo/test something like it (using the MPG gauge)...

Anyways... here's some real shitty footage, of my "M-Gauge"... total build time? 14 minutes (that includes dismantling the cluster, setup, programming and wiring)

Yes, I know.. the footage is brutal for two reasons. 1) I've got the shakes, been drinking like crazy for most of the week (Def Leppard was fantastic, thanks for asking) and 2) The wife is visiting her parents in BC, took the video camera, therefore I was forced to use some old LG slider P.O.S. cell phone....

PS: Does the iPhone do Video????? I couldn't figure it out if it did.

Wondering what hardware/software I'm using??

RSView 32 (Front End HMI) ----> IPLONGATE OPC Server ----> PCC-10 Network Adapter ----> Distech Lonworks Controller (EC-4B)----> Signal to Gauge (and the gauge itself of course).

This is just shit I had handy... so don't go and ask me why I choose this hardware/software. Yes, there is a lag in the response time... it's setup like that, and I didn't feel like changing it (read: 14 minute build time)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Holy fuck is that Video bad.... I'll update it later...

K so what does that get me?
    -Chris

Comment

A swift kick to the nuts?

Don't know.... but, I'm going to build one of these cock-suckers.... (oil temp)... if only out of boredom.... not motivated to do much today.

Comment

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
        Don't know.... but, I'm going to build one of these cock-suckers....

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
          Like that one...? :nice:

Comment

Mini-Update: mocked up a scale in AutoCAD.... it's not perfect, but it's just a mock up.

Last edited by thectrlguy; 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

oil pressure or boost pretty please?

Comment

damn, oil pressure in place of mpg location would be tits!
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

anything in place of MPG would be tits. I don't care, outside temperature, atmospheric pressure, ANYTHING except for the damn MPG gauge that doesn't do shit and does that inaccurately.

Comment

Well, I suppose the million dollar question is.... what's this cock-sucker worth?

In the end it would be cheaper for me/us to get multiple overlays & boards produced.... versus making it for myself only.

Comment

personally i'd rather follow directions and do it all myself, but im just weird like that. i'd also be willing to help produce them if that's what you're asking

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                        personally i'd rather follow directions and do it all myself, but im just weird like that. i'd also be willing to help produce them if that's what you're asking
                        Howdy.... Well, truth be told... I'm not about to fly down to your place, and install this contraption... but, when it's all said and done, I'll post the required drawings and whatnot, and you can procure/assembly the hardware at your leisure if you so desire.

What I was thinking was, have the interface boards & overlays produced, and sell them as a kit (with the appropriate installation instructions).... if that makes sense.

In theory this should make it cheaper for everyone....

Comment

sounds great. hurry up =D

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                            anything in place of MPG would be tits. I don't care, outside temperature, atmospheric pressure, ANYTHING except for the damn MPG gauge that doesn't do shit and does that inaccurately.

Hahahaaa
                            turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                            Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

i fuckin love this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X