Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No clue but I called my broker looking to sell some of my holdings in both energy transfer and sunoco who us buying e/t. Not all of it but enough to limit my exposure when the civil penalties, and shipping contracts are canceled due to no product moving by 1/17.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      No clue but I called my broker looking to sell some of my holdings in both energy transfer and sunoco who us buying e/t. Not all of it but enough to limit my exposure when the civil penalties, and shipping contracts are canceled due to no product moving by 1/17.
      this is also part of the change we wanted to effect. :)
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I am likely just using the proceeds of that sale to buy up more enbridge or enterprise. Might even buy a little bit of XOM or something, hell might just take the cash and buy Christmas gifts with it. Not like I am moving out of that sector of my portfolio just moving it to a safer spot for the time being.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

yes, but you still made the price go down by filling a few buy orders. and i'm sure you're not the only one.
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            yes, but you still made the price go down by filling a few buy orders. and i'm sure you're not the only one.
            yes and it accomplishes nothing.
            congrats
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              yes and it accomplishes nothing.
              congrats
              you may think that making the stock price of the owning interest go down accomplishes nothing. i don't. that's absolutely one of my mission objectives.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

you may think that making the stock price of the owning interest go down accomplishes nothing. i don't. that's absolutely one of my mission objectives.
                it does nothing to affect ETP
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Lol I bought it at sub 25 a share, me selling a 100 or so shares at 35ish is just a little profit taking not going hurt them one bit lol

William Pitt-

Comment

it does nothing to affect ETP
                    apparently you have an incomplete understanding of the market.

price goes down. shareholders are impacted. get it?
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

apparently you have an incomplete understanding of the market.

price goes down. shareholders are impacted. get it?
                      silly me i thought you wanted to impact ETP and not on the widows and retired shareholders who own it for income?

and my thought still stands that the time to have impacted the route of the pipeline was during the planning process

you protesting the decision smacks of the protests of trump being elected POTUS

and i have no dog in this hunt BTW. i just believe in the integrity of the law. work within the system to change it. ETP followed the regulations the government required of it, abided by the law, and you don't like the decision.

sorry
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

silly me i thought you wanted to impact ETP and not on the widows and retired shareholders who own it for income?
                        no apology necessary. but every investment is a bet. i haven't come out on top of every bet i've made either.

do i feel bad for impacting the investments of people who made an active decision to put their retirement savings into an industry that is demonstrably non-sustainable, because the asset they chose depends on the extraction of a non-renewable resource?

nope.

they were going to lose their money anyway. tell them to call their brokers and shift their money elsewhere.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

Wow... we are going to need oil, gas, and products till long after we are dead....

William Pitt-

Comment

we're going to *need* it if we don't fix this broken model, yes.

that doesn't mean we're going to *have* it.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

my buddy just left ground, and we got him set up in a hotel room in gillette, wy.

if he can make it back to cali in an orderly fashion, i might be headed out this weekend to relieve him.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

you do know petroleum is in EVERYTHING from the laptop or I phone your typing this on, to your stolen backpack, to pill capsules, its used in nearly EVERYTHING.. Even if we find an way power locomotion with out the I.C.E. in the near term, we still need it to build those cars, and supply them.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X