R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Members Rides

Old 06-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #256
DrJosh
E30 Mastermind

Also needs some ix weaves and black door handles.
DrJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #257
jeenyus
E30 Addict

I was able to get a new head unit finally. The one I had in there was something the previous owner put in there probably back in the 90s. It was a DUAL and had the brightest blue light on the front I couldn't see anything other than it when driving at night.

I decided to go with a kenwood digital media receiver. No CD capability. It's a much nicer unit than what I had before. It's dimmable or you can turn the light of completely.

Another great thing that happened for me was finding out the ability to do a stomp test! I always heard only ECUs ending in 17X would allow this function and I have the one ending in 15X. I tried it anyway, just because I was at wits end.

Anyway, IT WORKED! I got code 1261 which is fuel relay for dme. I decided to replace both the main relay and fuel relay. And now, I'm coming to the realization that although I've thought my car was running great at times, it actually running right now. Sounds like harmony instead of chaos.

I'm going to say this solved my random startup issues I've been having for some time now. Lesson learned though, BUY NICE OR BUY TWICE. I bought these previous relays on eBay.

Tsk tsk.
jeenyus is offline   Reply With Quote