1992 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
    Congrats on the car and progress. You can't replace the rear window, you'll have to do the entire top. Also, save yourself some headaches and convert to a manually operated top.
    You sure? Rear window is zipped in
    1992 325i Convertible - "project"
    1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
      You sure? Rear window is zipped in
      Didn't notice that from your picture...most (and factory, I believe) rear windows are part of the top. I've seen people here asking for those zipped in windows, not sure if they were part of a special top or if they are available anymore, but might be able to custom made?
      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
      -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

I'm not sure. Top has a tag saying "original BMW top" however the zipped style could have been installed as an aftermarket item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Found this, per Das Delfin, it seems like "late" models starting Sept 91, came with rear zipped in windows. This might help:
          -Mario Andretti.

Comment

I ordered a zip in window from eBay with two year warranty. I think it ran me at about 170 with shipping. We'll see how it turns out. They have good ratings on their website and eBay.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I found the source of the oil leak. It's coming from the "bitch tube" or the breather from the intake to the bottom end. Called BMW and ordered the seals and the intake gaskets so that I can get this done. As of tomorrow the car is also insured so I'll be able to drive it. When bringing it home I noticed the odometer stoped working. It rolled .8 miles and stopped. I hit the reset button but that didn't help. Looks like I'll be replacing the odometer gears. I'll also have to source the misfire. Will be checking plugs and wires. I don't believe the car will pass inspection on rollers unless I get the misfire taken care of although it's only at idle. Fuel filter will be another item on the list. Since it's not a daily I can take my time with it which is awesome. By the way car has 133xxx miles I never mentioned that. It has a few interior lights out like the light switch right side of odometer and a few switches in the center as well. I was hoping maybe someone can post a picture of their interior lit so I can see what should be lit and what shouldn't.

That's it for today guys. I'll keep the updates going as I progress. Thanks for the kind words and helpful tips!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Here are some of mine.

-Mario Andretti.

Comment

The A/C and air circulating button. When you took this photo were they pressed or depressed? If that makes sense

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                  The A/C and air circulating button. When you took this photo were they pressed or depressed? If that makes sense

They were pressed (ON). Also you can't see it on the picture but the ashtrays (front and back) are illuminated too, the front ashtray bulb illuminates the ring around the lighter. You also have a light inside the glove box and in the trunk.

I had to replace the HVAC 2 bulbs and the two ashtrays when I got the car last summer. I'm really picky about dash illumination :).
                  -Mario Andretti.

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
                    They were pressed (ON). Also you can't see it on the picture but the ashtrays (front and back) are illuminated too, the front ashtray bulb illuminates the ring around the lighter. You also have a light inside the glove box and in the trunk.

I had to replace the HVAC 2 bulbs and the two ashtrays when I got the car last summer. I'm really picky about dash illumination :).
                    I can completely understand I am picky too I want to have every light that is supposed to be on, ON LOL

Thank you for the photos by the way!
                    Last edited by DBShiznit; 03-15-2017, 07:14 AM.
                    1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Great pickup! ... looks similar to mine I picked up last November. I plan to buff and polish as well until I can have a nice paint job in a year or two. So far all ive done is engine tune up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like we have matching cars! By the way I used a new product from turtle wax. It's called speed compound. It's very liquidy and wipes off really easily. Worked really well on my car and was easy to wipe off of trim or anything else it came in contact with. Highly recommend!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Welcome to neighborhood, Have red vert same as your self. If you do have zipp in window it is definitely worth cost. If you need any help I could give you hand...

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                              Welcome to neighborhood, Have red vert same as your self. If you do have zipp in window it is definitely worth cost. If you need any help I could give you hand...
                              Thank you! I'll keep your offer in mind! Should be getting it Tuesday.
                              1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by berndt View Post
                                Looks fantastic!

Thank you!
                                1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X