No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im looking at either the 1440p Dell 144hz gsync TN or the Asus 165hz IPS 1440p.

4K is literally only for content creation, I want something 4k with good color so I can edit photos without losing my eyesight squinting at pictures.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      same, its nice running really pretty games like forza horizon at 100fps, Im still at 1080p so my goal is over 100fps in most games. Plan on upgrading to a 1440p and 4k this summer tho.
      Am currently running a 16:9 1440p monitor, part of the goal with the gtx1080 is to upgrade to a widescreen 3440x1440 monitor. Am torn between these two:
      Agon AG352UCG

or the Acer X34:

Comment

I just built my girlfriend a computer 10x better than mine lol.

MOBO - Asus maximus IX hero z270
        GPU - MSI gtx1080 DUKE
        CPU - i7 7700k
        PS - 750 corsair
        RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB
        Cooling - Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler - 2 140MM case fans in front for intake, 1 120mm exhaust
        Samsung evo 500gb SSD

No pictures at the moment.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
          I just built my girlfriend a computer 10x better than mine lol.

MOBO - Asus maximus IX hero z270
          GPU - MSI gtx1080 DUKE
          CPU - i7 7700k
          PS - 750 corsair
          RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB
          Cooling - Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler - 2 140MM case fans in front for intake, 1 120mm exhaust
          Samsung evo 500gb SSD

No pictures at the moment.
          damn bro

someone is getting a bleeeejay
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

And I’m rocking a prebuilt 6700 non k with a 1060 3gb LOL

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
              and i’m rocking a prebuilt 6700 non k with a 1060 3gb lol
              lololol
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                same, its nice running really pretty games like forza horizon at 100fps, Im still at 1080p so my goal is over 100fps in most games. Plan on upgrading to a 1440p and 4k this summer tho.
                Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
                I actually prefer 3x1080 over a single 1440 or higher resolution. With the right games, it's unbeatable, even against singlenultrawide offerings. My issue is the lack of cheap 75+ hz screens in the 1080 sector. You would figure there would be loads with 4k being the new 'toy'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
                Yeah, I had 3 27" monitors for my old sim setup. I'd like at least the same, or perhaps even larger.

But I'd also like to be able to try an Occulus Rift without having to buy one and then not like it.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Not sure if anybody here is into old stuff, but I'm selling most of my old stuff on eBay. I just listed a Creative 3D Blaster VLB.
                  FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
                  Saab/GM tech2 programming
                  My for sale thread
                  1990 325iX for sale or part out
                  Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                  And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

In the market for some new case fans and I'm looking at those new thermaltake riing plus 14s

Anyone have any experience with em? reviews are pretty split on them, so I was thinking about just forking up the extra cash and going with corsairs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      In the market for some new case fans and I'm looking at those new thermaltake riing plus 14s

Anyone have any experience with em? reviews are pretty split on them, so I was thinking about just forking up the extra cash and going with corsairs.
                      Noctua Industrial series

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Noctua Industrial series
                        +1, now come in sorta not black
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          Noctua Industrial series
                          Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          +1, now come in sorta not black
                          My build is all black lol and I'm a big gay and want to keep that way.

Plus, the RGB shid is cool.

I know noctuas will probably out live three generations of my family, but I def would like an all black fan with rgb features.

Comment

My build is all black lol and I'm a big gay and want to keep that way.

Plus, the RGB shid is cool.

I know noctuas will probably out live three generations of my family, but I def would like an all black fan with rgb features.
                            I've never had RGB fans, I used to be into rgb but now its just a lot of effort. As long as the brand doesn't have a reputation of burning PC's down get what looks good/price.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Noctua and other premium fan brands charge a significant premium for their products. Are they that much better than stock case or AIO cooler fans?Sponsor lin...
                              My Feedback

Comment

Get whatever fan you want and get the phanteks lux rgb rings so you can get the RGB on actually good fans they come in a 120 or 140mm I love mine

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X