Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 E30M3 build continues

.... continued from S14.net

My anthracite carpet came it... once it's professionally cleaned I'm tearing the interior completely out. What's going in is a modified EVO interior with Recaro's

The suspension was very noisy so we reinstalled the swaybars. It was a little better but was still pretty bad. I removed the old offset trailing arm bushings and welded in AKG camber/ toe eccentrics, subframe and differential bushings. New calipers pads and rotors were also fitted front and rear.

out with the old:

In with the new:

The differential spent some time in the parts washer and received all brand new seals.

I aligned it around 9pm an drove it home... it's nice and quiet now!
    Last edited by valleymotorwerks; 05-05-2012, 12:09 AM.
    Valley Motorwerks
    1988 E30M3

sigpic

Nice pics...what kind of rotors are you using? I get a metallic rattling noise under the car over bumps and have new GC coilovers and still hear it...
    sigpic
    1988 E30 M3
    Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Originally posted by Shadye30 View Post
      Nice pics...what kind of rotors are you using? I get a metallic rattling noise under the car over bumps and have new GC coilovers and still hear it...

Rotors are Stoptech - the car is so SOLID, like a new car and NO squeaks rattles etc. I love my M3 :)

For noises what I do is put the car on my alignment rack and use a small plastic hammer and tap stuff. I'm batting a 1000 in finding rattles..
      Valley Motorwerks
      1988 E30M3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valleymotorwerks View Post
        Rotors are Stoptech - the car is so SOLID, like a new car and NO squeaks rattles etc. I love my M3 :)

For noises what I do is put the car on my alignment rack and use a small plastic hammer and tap stuff. I'm batting a 1000 in finding rattles..
        Good advice..I think i will do the same..BTW did you ever notice if your front sway bar is preloaded on the driver side and not the passengers?
        sigpic
        1988 E30 M3
        Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Originally posted by Shadye30 View Post
          Good advice..I think i will do the same..BTW did you ever notice if your front sway bar is preloaded on the driver side and not the passengers?
          There's no right left bias in a sway bar. The design of a swaybar is to equalize load across the wheels. If your's is damaged you may have an issue. You solve it by using adjustable swaybar links. However my H&R bars are perfectly uniform and the non-adjustale front links line up exactly together.

Always check links with the car fully loaded sitting on the ground.
          Last edited by valleymotorwerks; 05-06-2012, 09:38 AM.
          Valley Motorwerks
          1988 E30M3

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X