X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Fuck 5G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would gladly take 5G over the sattlite shit that we have to deal with. We have a local start up that is getting set in place for the role out of 5g and offer 100meg down connection to us rural dweller. We have DSL at the box but there are no SLOTS for service available to us and even if there was its 1.5mbps down ONLY......
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      I would gladly take 5G over the sattlite shit that we have to deal with. We have a local start up that is getting set in place for the role out of 5g and offer 100meg down connection to us rural dweller. We have DSL at the box but there are no SLOTS for service available to us and even if there was its 1.5mbps down ONLY......
      You do realize that unless you are currently being fully serviced by 3G or 4G coverage there is almost no way 5G is ever going to see your area.

With this '50x speed' comes barely any range. Its entire purpose is going to be to support metro areas higher bandwidth loads. And for ISP's like Verizon to argue needs a price increase.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I live close enough to the "big town" and we have lots of richers that have their 2ed homes but full time residence on paper (to avoid CA taxes) as well as a resort town close by, we will see the 5g stuff......
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

not us. we have a 4g tower across the highway but I must be out of range because we are in 3g all the time. and once I get on base, we really drop down to old school and have to use land lines

Comment

Physical hardware is better anyway, this random push for #G technology is really stupid. We barely have land based broadband for the countries metro areas.
            willschnitz

Comment

I plug all the high use items in at the house because I think physical connection is better, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                Physical hardware is better anyway, this random push for #G technology is really stupid. We barely have land based broadband for the countries metro areas.
                Well that's a bit of a stretch, unless you're saying anything less than 300mb down isn't "really broadband."

Anything fast enough to stream HD video, for example, has been in all the metro areas for far more than a decade.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Well that's a bit of a stretch, unless you're saying anything less than 300mb down isn't "really broadband."

Anything fast enough to stream HD video, for example, has been in all the metro areas for far more than a decade.
                  Yeah thats quite the assumption?
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Yeah thats quite the assumption?
                    I guess I don't understand your reply. You said we barely hand land based broadband for metro areas.

Or are you considering "metro area" much smaller than me?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      I guess I don't understand your reply. You said we barely hand land based broadband for metro areas.

Or are you considering "metro area" much smaller than me?
                      Maybe he means rural...
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

And here's the point. Get the fed's to regulate all this and the innovation will cease. The feds will regulate profits to google, etc., but the guy tinkering with potentially disruptive tech will be a thing of the past.
                        And if google, Verizon etc have no competition, why innovate?
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                          And here's the point. Get the fed's to regulate all this and the innovation will cease. The feds will regulate profits to google, etc., but the guy tinkering with potentially disruptive tech will be a thing of the past.
                          And if google, Verizon etc have no competition, why innovate?
                          Profit George, profit.

The same reason all companies innovate.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

^

Yes because all those power generation / utility companies did all that innovating while under the various amounts of state and federal near total regulation and price control for all those decades right. Well that is until all the Stimulus money started pouring in from the Govt for all those "Green Energy Solutions", that once those "subsidies" dried up.................. well you know.
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-05-2018, 06:37 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

What subsidies dried up? I frequently see turbine parts on I40 headed out to the western part of the state.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Now your being a bit purposefully slow... Yes there is still some green going up, but once the feds stoped paying for it all, its slowed dramatically from the 2010-2013 range.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X