WTB: ZF Trans, driveshaft, 3.23 or 3.15 LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: ZF Trans, driveshaft, 3.23 or 3.15 LSD

Just bought an out-of-state S50 swapped E30 for a steal because it had a bad gear whine. Need complete parts to swap in a ZF310 or ZF320 for the existing bad Getrag 250G. Would love a low mileage tranny with knowledge of previous functionality. Local Southern California pickup would be a plus (Oceanside).

From what I understand I can keep the existing 2.93 LSD (4 bolt) but would like to go a bit shorter in the rear end "while I'm in there". I have a brand new UUC lightweight flywheel, guibo, and M5 clutch in the existing tranny, so don't need those parts (if i'm correct in assuming they can be reused). Thanks!

Is your existing 2.93 a small case or a medium case? I have a small case heavy duty LSD with a 3.23 ratio currently in an E36 Coupe diff housing. The LSD is an older style construction that is light years stronger than the E30/E36 "glass" LSDs. It was fully rebuilt with new clutches and bearings a few years ago. You'd have to swap the guts into an E30/E36 Ti housing to be able to use it in your car, but you can have it for a pretty decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
      Is your existing 2.93 a small case or a medium case? I have a small case heavy duty LSD with a 3.23 ratio currently in an E36 Coupe diff housing. The LSD is an older style construction that is light years stronger than the E30/E36 "glass" LSDs. It was fully rebuilt with new clutches and bearings a few years ago. You'd have to swap the guts into an E30/E36 Ti housing to be able to use it in your car, but you can have it for a pretty decent price.

The 2.93 is an E36 as well but I don’t want to pull the trigger on a new diff until I decide on the tranny. Price? I’ll let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$350 plus shipping from Blaine, Wa 98230 (about 70lbs). Or I can take the internals out of the E36 housing and save you some on shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
          Just bought an out-of-state S50 swapped E30 for a steal because it had a bad gear whine. Need complete parts to swap in a ZF310 or ZF320 for the existing bad Getrag 250G. Would love a low mileage tranny with knowledge of previous functionality. Local Southern California pickup would be a plus (Oceanside).

From what I understand I can keep the existing 2.93 LSD (4 bolt) but would like to go a bit shorter in the rear end "while I'm in there". I have a brand new UUC lightweight flywheel, guibo, and M5 clutch in the existing tranny, so don't need those parts (if i'm correct in assuming they can be reused). Thanks!

Bump. Still looking for good tranny and DS.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
            X