Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    So a word you don't like, negates the question.

Why is this not shocking to me?
    i didn't say that

it will change the tone of my response though

your challenge is to see if you can stop crying about the insults like a little bitch and parse the message anyway

or you could just grow the fuck up and discuss shit civilly

yanno, either way
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      i didn't say that

it will change the tone of my response though

your challenge is to see if you can stop crying about the insults like a little bitch and parse the message anyway

or you could just grow the fuck up and discuss shit civilly

yanno, either way
      No, you did. You literally said that if a question wasn't framed with a pejorative you would answer. Pejorative is literally any word that someone deems offensive, derogatory, or abusive.

Who is crying?

You're the one that PM'd me to say how you didn't like me.

Your level of delusion and lack of self-awareness is astounding.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        No, you did. You literally said that if a question wasn't framed with a pejorative you would answer.
        no, i did not say that

i answer either way. your tone determines whether the answer includes a returned insult

i think your cousin is calling you from the bedroom

either that or your mother is calling me again

you should go check that out
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

if you asked those questions without framing them within a perjorative, you might not get clapped back on, genius
          no, i did not say that

i answer either way. your tone determines whether the answer includes a returned insult

i think your cousin is calling you from the bedroom

either that or your mother is calling me again

you should go check that out
          Literally, not figuratively.

Making incest and mom jokes? I'm not surprised that's the best you can do.

It's ok boo. You do you.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i'm sorry that you're not picking up what i'm putting down

let me break this shit down barney-style for you

the answer to your question is there either way

if you don't want an asshole response, don't be an asshole when you ask the question

if whining about the fact that people are rude back to you when you're rude first and acting like that invalidates their message because they don't coddle you and put up with your bullshit is you, then you keep doin' you too, i guess

and i'm not making jokes, i'm just pretty sure you don't have any other options
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

the first part is true, but that doesn't make it a permanent condition

if you think violence never accomplishes anything, you are not a student of either war, history, or current social politics

i was in the army, remember?

not my first rodeo
              I appreciate your service sir.
              You need a different cause to hang your hat on, one that actually has a chance of changing the world.
              Volunteer with local charities to provide clean water to remote villages in Guatemala, like Rotary does.
              Do something good.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

if you don't want an asshole response, don't be an asshole when you ask the question
                What was asshole-ish in my post that went unanswered? Sort of seems you'd rather play the victim and argue about arguing, all the while closing each post with an insult.

Comment

I think he's directing that more at z31 as they have become entangled in a war of words.

Although I tend to get the same type of response when I ask questions as well. I reread your last post Cale and there's nothing there that should be insulting to anyone, seemed like a fairly level-headed, non-threatening post.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    I appreciate your service sir.
                    You need a different cause to hang your hat on, one that actually has a chance of changing the world.
                    Volunteer with local charities to provide clean water to remote villages in Guatemala, like Rotary does.
                    Do something good.
                    In a climate where words like ‘displacement,’ ‘gentrification,’ ‘homelessness,’ and ‘addiction’ populate our daily conversations, Punks with Lunch is a bright light in the dark night of Oakland’s current housing epidemic. In its third year, Punks with Lunch continues to operate on the simple mission of providing Oakland’s homeless community

i am not in that picture, the crew varies every time based on who's working a shift or making art or music or otherwise unavailable, but i've helped make burritos and done needle swaps a few times. most of those people identify as antifa or at least don't disagree with the concept of "white supremacists fucking suck". we're not just on foot patrol with maglites looking for proud boys; punks with lunch is self-funded with donations helping.

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    What was asshole-ish in my post that went unanswered? Sort of seems you'd rather play the victim and argue about arguing, all the while closing each post with an insult.
                    nothing. i missed it because it was at the tail end of the page for my 20-post view and as mbonder said, z31 and i were both weapons-hot. apology offered.

if i lived elsewhere in the country, i'd consider running. people using the veteran card as a path to office certainly isn't new, but we'd be talking about starting at the city council level. i don't think it makes me electable in san francisco, and it would cost probably somewhere in the six figures to try.

honest answer to a respectful question. i don't *want* to be combative with y'all.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

I have also considered running as well.

But being that I'm not married, don't have children, and don't attend church.......there is an absolutely 0% chance of winning any office in the state of Oklahoma.

The people here are so incredibly stupid, Stitt is leading the race for governor.

He hasn't even participated in voting for the governor or other state level races since 1999. He's somehow turning the narrative that he's an outsider because he doesn't even vote.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

if i lived elsewhere in the country, i'd consider running. people using the veteran card as a path to office certainly isn't new, but we'd be talking about starting at the city council level. i don't think it makes me electable in san francisco, and it would cost probably somewhere in the six figures to try.

honest answer to a respectful question. i don't *want* to be combative with y'all.
                        A partial answer, and I think you missed the premise I was working with as well. I don't actually believe you or any but a potentially very select few Antifa members actually want to become politicians. Young people are passionate, but they're rarely dedicated and calculated with their actions, they're reactive and not proactive. You're not creating a country you want, you're responding to something you dislike.

So I say again, for every redneck antifa punches in the face on camera at one of these events, you embolden untold numbers of right leaning people to harbor animosity for you, your cause, and anything you might wish to achieve. No one is achieving anything, everyone simply goes home home with bruises and scar tissue which hardens their shells. The opposition is no longer the person they disagree with, they're the enemy.

How do you rationalize the behaviors of Antifa when nothing is gained by their behaviors?

Comment

Working...
                        X