Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great. Looks like I need a chrome window trim piece.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im with you on this, i went through three of them on my last e30
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

small set screw on the front edge? and/or not speeding excessively?

Comment

Whats weird is i have removed only one set from a parts car that actually had some sort of a clip that held it on tighter.

I'll get a pic of it if i can find one tomorrow.
        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

BrewCity, I would love to see that. And while shadowline trim is definitely on the list of upgrades, this car always seems to require something else that bumps it back down the list of priorities - At this point I'm ready to explore any option to preclude this happening again.

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
          and/or not speeding excessively?
          Except this.
          Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

To followup here, a new front trim piece is $37.00 and takes two days to get in. Can't wait to see what the dealer wants to install it, and even better, how they'll react once it blows off again.
            Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

Holy shit kid, slow the fuck down and buy some goddamn pliers.
              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                Holy shit kid, slow the fuck down and buy some goddamn pliers.

@ you calling anyone kid, kid.
                Last edited by C-T; 03-21-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I think you just need to glue or weld them on if you are going to be constantly going 120. That said, I haven't seen this problem on other E30s that are routinely going that speed, so I think God just hates you.
                  "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by E30Kaiser View Post
                    I think you just need to glue or weld them on if you are going to be constantly going 120. That said, I haven't seen this problem on other E30s that are routinely going that speed, so I think God just hates you.
                    Guess so!

Comment

i just but a bit of silicone on some points on mine just to keep it on there, silicone is removable, superglue isnt

Comment

Originally posted by C-T View Post

@ you calling anyone kid, kid.
                        You know, it's because of douchebags like you that the rest of us get hassled unfairly. If you drive 120+ on public roads on a regular basis I can only assume you're about 17 because that's about when I grew out of that shit. This is where I say something about being glad you don't drive near me but it seems like you do...

And what the fuck is your aversion to pliers?? You narrowminded fuck.
                        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Thanks Sharky, will look into it.

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                          You know, it's because of douchebags like you that the rest of us get hassled unfairly. If you drive 120+ on public roads on a regular basis I can only assume you're about 17 because that's about when I grew out of that shit. This is where I say something about being glad you don't drive near me but it seems like you do...

And what the fuck is your aversion to pliers?? You narrowminded fuck.
                          LOL!

Of course you assume, it's a very common trait to worthless self-righteous windbags. Go find someone who has some hope of taking you and your laughable ire seriously - I couldn't care less about your deficiency, Holmes. Don't like how I drive? Cool! By all means choke on it for all I care.

If you can, make sure the next response has more expletives in it. It really helps cement your point and position you as someone to be reckoned with.

Comment

I had a feeling this would happen.

Despite my pointing to the correct part numerous times on the ETK and attempting to verify that the nice lady was ordering the correct part, I guess it was simply outside her wheelhouse. When I went to go pick it up today the guy pulled out a huge floppy piece of inner molding, and to his credit began apologizing profusely - No biggie, not his fault, he isn't the one who messed up the order.

The correct piece can only be ordered as the entire top window trim, from front to back - at least that's what it looked like when the guy finally pulled up the correct part - and is $108, not $37 plus tax as originally reported with the usual two days shipping. So be it, I had a feeling the initial price was far too low in the first place.

Comment

Answer: 11 days

Question: How long will it take before you need another one.

Damn bro, for that much I would have delivered you one in CT.
                              sigpic
                              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                                Answer: 11 days

Question: How long will it take before you need another one.

Damn bro, for that much I would have delivered you one in CT.
                                LOL! It's all good bruh man! This one isn't going anywhere but on the car - My only concern now is affixing it too strongly as I suspect I am going to have some OEM shadowline trim coming in soon, and I will want to be able to remove the current trim in its entirety at some point. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X