EDIT: Surging at Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: Surging at Idle

So r3v, here we go again. I did more reading and testing on my idle system. In the bentley, I'm given a list of tests to perform at the plug for the idle control module, as shown here

So, I'm getting two odd results:
    1) Speed signal from ignition system - it should provide me with 12vdc for 1-2 seconds, but I get 12v all the time. Any ideas?

2) Throttle Switch (I believe that they are referring to the TPS) - it should get 12vdc for 1-2 seconds as well, but instead I got a max of .143 volts for 1/2 a sec, then nothing. I did check to see that my digital meter could register 12vdc on 2 seconds, and it can.

So, is issue 1 really an issue? Does it matter that I am getting 12v all the time there? As for test 2, I am assuming that I need to check other sources (TPS, idle speed stabilization relay pinout).

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I'll update this later with more test results.

EDIT: TPS is bad, so I simulated the TPS at idle by jumpering the pins that would tell the various modules that the throttle plate is closed... and it now surges at idle. Given, it now starts without giving it gas, but it surges at idle from around 500 to 1500. I'm going to try and get a TPS locally tomorrow (I have a source), and see what I can do. However, does anyone else have ideas on why it could be surging?
    Last edited by KI4UJO; 02-08-2014, 06:57 PM.
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr
Working...
X