Alignment Specs FTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment Specs FTL

GC/Koni with the front (6in, 550#) all the way down, rear (6in, 650#) 3/4 way down on six-inch springs.

What's the over/under on how long my rear tires will last?

Last edited by BimmerDawg; 02-15-2006, 11:38 AM.

it'll last just as long (if not longer) than without the camber, assuming you actually drive to the point that you utilize it. On any car I drive, I have to get camber plates or I will wear the shit out of the outside edges of the front tires.

However, you should definitely have your front camber set to more than your rear, or you're just asking for some understeer.
    Last edited by Insanity; 02-18-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

If you run a lot of hard corners the wear won't be bad but if you do only highway driving the insides will go before the outsides for sure. I have closer to 3 degrees in the front and about the same as the rear and my tires have been wearing very even since I reduced my highway driving. The rear toe doesn't help but its hard to correct.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

My car has around the same camber specs in the rear. I do LOTS of highway driving...ate a set of 215/40/17 ES100's in just a few months, like 8,000 miles.

My car is waiting for Ireland Engeneering camber kits.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

those alignment settings don't look too bad to me. I'd kill for 2.5 degrees of negative camber up front (I wear the shit out of the outsides of my tires). I'd also like to know a good setting for rear toe. I've never had problems with camber wear in the rear, but I don't think I have quite 3 degrees back there either.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
          X