Thickest front camber plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thickest front camber plates?

Does anyone know who makes the thickest camber plates?

I want to raise the front of my car 1/2" or a bit more.

I would like adjustable, but don't really care, as long as I can remove 2 degrees of negative.

Anyone wanna upgrade NOW?

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Get a coilover kit so that you can raise the car from a combination of long spring and threaded perch. Much easier than trying to find a thick camber plate. Generally adjustable camber plates have an overall height lower than the stock strut mount.
    San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Installing a longer spring or raising the coilover's perch will reduce droop travel on the strut. A spacer seems like a good idea to me.

Comment

Guys, thank for the suggestions, but I really like the feel of my combo...I just want to raise the front a tiny bit AND pull some camber back.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

The Kmac adjustable camber mounts are probably about as thick as you'll find, but I think they're about as thick as the stock mounts.
          -Brandon
          '86 325es S50
          '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
          '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
          '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
          S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

So they don't just go on top of the stock mounts?

Sorry for the duh-mb questions.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

na, it's a totally separate entity. :)

Check this guy's site out, he's got a comparison between the G-C and Kmac setup stack height...

http://www.e30m3performance.com/inst...p/GC_susp3.htm
              -Brandon
              '86 325es S50
              '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
              '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
              '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
              S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Thanks, man. Looks like the easiest, least expensive way is gonna be the IE plates.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1

I would like adjustable, but don't really care, as long as I can remove 2 degrees of negative.

Luke
                  call TMS, Bimmerworld, IE and RRT////////ask them whos is thickest..I have RRT...@ 1/4".....
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

You have more than two degrees negative camber WITHOUT adjustable plates? How?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
                      You have more than two degrees negative camber WITHOUT adjustable plates? How?
                      I have no clue. Jordan put in my struts and springs. KYB's on B+G springs.

3.25 in the front, over 4 in the back. I want my tires to last longer!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I have no clue. Jordan put in my struts and springs. KYB's on B+G springs.

3.25 in the front, over 4 in the back. I want my tires to last longer!

Luke

There is no obvious reason how you have neg 3.25! and over 4 in back!!!!!!

...something is fishy.....I run the max rrt plates and get 3.2!......you should get this checked out........QUICKLY
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

heres what you need! IE fixed camber plates go on top of the stock strut mount and will raise your car 1/4"

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                            Installing a longer spring or raising the coilover's perch will reduce droop travel on the strut. A spacer seems like a good idea to me.
                            you'll reduce droop travel, but you'll gain compression travel. A spacer is a good idea, if you want a lifted truck ;)

either way, it's not a traditional e30 mod

Sounds like what you need is the stock crash mounts, mounted for minimum neg. camber
                            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Luke
                              Adjustable or not?

My RRT fixed plates are about 3/8 of an inch thick

-Charlie
                              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                              FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                              X