This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice motor Eric.

Bought this on Monday, gotta go pick it up this weekend. It's a 1991 318i that's been sitting for awhile, 178k miles on it, not sure if it runs or not because the previous owner has zero interest, but it's all complete and fairly clean.

Comment

Hope it runs!
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Some one has been looking for those steel wheels Marco. I think they are down here though not 100% sure
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          Nice motor Eric.

Bought this on Monday, gotta go pick it up this weekend. It's a 1991 318i that's been sitting for awhile, 178k miles on it, not sure if it runs or not because the previous owner has zero interest, but it's all complete and fairly clean.

I was about to buy that until the seller told me the back story on it.

It’s his deceased bothers car parked 10 years ago when he died hasn’t been driven since.... yeah ummm....

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by 3vilE30 View Post
            I was about to buy that until the seller told me the back story on it.

It’s his deceased bothers car parked 10 years ago when he died hasn’t been driven since.... yeah ummm....

What part of the story turned you away? You missed out on a $400 e30.... The guys selling the cars are drifters, pulled top ten in Sonoma Drift Series apparently, straight forward and seemed like honest dudes. The car itself is in good condition and the interior (besides dash) is damn near immaculate. My Laguna Green coupe was parked for 10 years and was in worse shape than this. Paid twice as much for that car than this one and it wasn't even manual like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
              What part of the story turned you away? You missed out on a $400 e30.... The guys selling the cars are drifters, pulled top ten in Sonoma Drift Series apparently, straight forward and seemed like honest dudes. The car itself is in good condition and the interior (besides dash) is damn near immaculate. My Laguna Green coupe was parked for 10 years and was in worse shape than this. Paid twice as much for that car than this one and it wasn't even manual like this one.
              Did miss out on much really. I would never feel 100% comfortable owning a car knowing that and it’s sanctity.
              Last edited by 3vilE30; 02-15-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Freakin' hell of a vacation day I took today while back home up in the Bay. My grandma has a 2006 Volvo S60 with 11k miles. Yes, 11k miles because she never drives it.

A few months back, she had a burned out passenger low beam bulb, so she went to McKevitt Volvo in San Leandro. They "replaced the bulb". But apparently the bulb went out again.

I took it apart to replace the bulb, and found that the bulb is fine, but the dealer must have been in a rush because there's probably wire-pinch somewhere that's causing the bulb to flicker on and off.

Working on these newer Volvo's is a royal PITA. I cut up my hand trying to access the bulb. Gonna take the car to the dealer tomorrow and demand they fix the short wherever it is. :-(

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Did not buy a manual E30. Bought an E38 740iL instead. Absolutely zero regrets, this car is stupid comfortable.
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                    Did not buy a manual E30. Bought an E38 740iL instead. Absolutely zero regrets, this car is stupid comfortable.
                    quoting for eventual regret

i estimate it'll take about 1 tank of gas
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      quoting for eventual regret

i estimate it'll take about 1 tank of gas
                      It's a 22 gallon tank so I have plenty of time!

Edit - yay 2100 posts
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                        the only way i see that working out is if that ends up being a donor car.

i won't hate if you build an auto v8 e30, more of those should exist.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

You CAN manual swap those too...

And then eventually use it as a parts car for an E30
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            the only way i see that working out is if that ends up being a donor car.

i won't hate if you build an auto v8 e30, more of those should exist.
                            +1 :devil:

although a manual 7 series is pretty baller
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Yeah, it can be done. However, the transmission is pretty expensive and I would assume you're going to need all sorts of ECU work when you remove the TCU and the transmission.

That being said, you should totally remove your functioning auto trans!
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

In this area it’s not too uncommon to find the 420g at a pick n pull.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X