Strokers and boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strokers and boost

I already have a seta assembly professionally cleaned, bearings and rings ready to go for my turbo ix.... but I got thinking.

Blocks still gotta go to the machine shop and get a few things done.

Is it wiser for me to go ahead and just spend the extra coin on going 2.8 with m52 bits. Is that combo even safe or reliable for to turbo?

What about 2.9...3.0?. I wont mention3.1 because I know personally a friend who's having head gasket problems because of cylinder wall clearance issues

I'd just like to hear some mixed discussion... points on whether it's worth the money or not... is it that much of a difference from 2.8 to 2.7seta, and so on..

I'm somewhat leaning into the idea... "I've gone this far with seta, I wont have to overbore, and all the rings and stuff are ready to go".

But i also have everything on hand to do a budget 2.8 minus machining
    Idk fire away your opinions

I'm SETA bottom end turbo'd and wish I went 2.8/9 when I had it all apart for a few extra dollars.
    Would of been stoked to have the same power with less boost aka heat.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

depends how much money you want to spend and where you can get the parts.

Having said that I havent had problem with my m20b32 stroker turbo
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

If you are already about to assemble, I say just assemble. Local here made 518whp with a 6266 turbo, 19psi and a "lowly" m20b25 - with MLS gasket, forged slugs, h-beam rods.

Not sure how much more power an e30 really "needs". With his 3.15 rear end, it still would break the tires loose --- at 100mph.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
        X