Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    A 'proyect car' for you? If it runs, I say winner winner chicken dinner

BMW 325is E30 - $1500

Too bad its auto and no interior pics.. Still a pretty good deal though.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Looks like nice E21 for a great price ($3000).

Comment

low mile, laser straight, 100% stock poverty spec auto M10 car. basically a perfectly clean shell. would be lovely as a base for a project.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...604391833.html

low mile, laser straight, 100% stock poverty spec auto M10 car. basically a perfectly clean shell. would be lovely as a base for a project.
          you dont even need to paint the engine bay ;D
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
            1988 BMW E30 M3 - $28000 (Northwest Valley)

Yes, the country's cheapest running M3 is back, baby! Running, you ask? Yes, running! It was previously being sold as a non-running project but many of you wanted to see it run. So, a weekend's of work and it runs! Oh, you want proof? Proof you will get!

Walkaround video (ignore audio commentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pffcPeN-LE

Walkaround video 2 (again, ignore commentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPkkijzxGf0

I have a couple of other video links I can send if you're interested.

So, it now runs. However, unfortunately, it still needs to go.

Now, before we get into the story, let's go over some basics. Last time it was posted for a day and a half before being flagged and my inbox was full. That was enough to pick through the dreamers and time-wasters and show it to a couple of people. One individual is currently interested at asking, but is unable to pick up the car until mid/late June. Unless you're interested in picking the car up AT ASKING in the next few days, I will sell the car to him.

Please contact me only if you're serious. I'm not interested in trades. Please don't tell me you have a truck and trailer ready to go, agree on an arrival time, then stop responding to calls/texts. That just screws everything up for everyone. So don't do that, thnx!

Anyway, the story:

The car was purchased from Colorado about 7 years ago. The previous owner was an M3 collector who bought the car in Virginia (where the car was originally sold) in 2010 and had it shipped to him. He was a stickler for his cars having history and was promised a folder of records by the seller which did not arrive with the car. Upset, he fell out of love with the car and it sat, being used sparingly.

At some point, at about 155ish-157ish k miles during the Colorado owner's ownership, the gauge cluster died and was replaced with one he had in his parts stash which had about 5k miles on it. When I bought the car, the cluster read in about 6,800 miles and I've put about 1k on it since my ownership (as you can see, I've really had no time for it). The cluster now reads 7,800 or so. It thus has about 165k on it currently, but is obviously marked as True Mileage Unknown at the CA DMV due to the cluster swap. I have some old CarFax and Autocheck reports I've saved that I can send to interested parties.

I had the car shipped to CA, did a couple of auto-x events, drove it around a bit on weekends and then got busy with life. It ended up being one of two cars I've had sitting for several years now that I've really done nothing with.

Issues:

* Paintwork

When it came to me, the car's rear quarter panel had the very beginnings of peeling clearcoat. It has become progressively worse since I've taken possession (again, my fault, as I just haven't had the time to deal with it). The paint, although it used to shine up decently, now needs serious help.

Rust:

All of the rust was present when I got the car and none of it has gotten any worse. There is 1) a hole in the battery box, 2) a small rust area near the rear jack point (jack point still functions), 3) a surface rust spot at the corner of the rear quarter and under the passenger rear side window, and 4) a weird spot of rust on the floor of the interior door frame (passenger side, pics attached). Again, in the near-decade I have owned it, the rust has just remained steady (obviously a benefit of the car leaving the terrible Virginia and Colorado climates).

I should also note that everyone who has seen the car so far has said that I've either described the car perfectly or blew the rust out of proportion. Take that with a grain of salt, obviously, but these have been the comments made over the last couple of weeks.

*Engine:

When this was posted previously, the car was not running due to crappy gas. As you can see from the vids, last weekend, we gave it a tune up, cleaned the injectors, replaced a fuel filter, got it running and it ran great for several hours (video above). Unfortunately, while some 91 and octane booster was added, the tank was not flushed, as we ran out of time. After it was garaged for a week, we started it and it ran, but it missed at idle a bit. It evens out and runs fine under load, so the gas tank still needs to be drained. But hey, it runs!

*Brakes:

We bled the front brakes and they're working great now (shoutout to Julien!). The rear brakes still need to be bled and the calipers likely need a rebuild. Again, the rebuild kit has been purchased but I have not had the time to do it. You will get the rebuild kit for both rear calipers with the car.

*Wheels/Tires:

The Toyo Proxes are old date-code wise. They should be replaced. The car can also come with OEM wheels on equally-old tires.

*Interior:

The dash is cracked. The driver's seat leather is worn. The center seams on the rear seatback has split.

* Mods:

The car comes with Racing Dynamics 16x7 wheels and an Autopower Race rollbar with diagonal and harness mount.

For an additional $2k (obo), various modifications can be included with the car (e-mail me for a list) as well as OEM wheels.

* Weird issues:
            - The dash VIN plate cracked off prior to my purchase. It's in the glove compartment. All VINs match (including the various stickers around the car) and it passed a CHP VIN inspection

The attached photos show it as it is now (first 5 or so), and as it looked when I was using it. The last photo is of the rusty area inside the door frame which, again, has not grown and seems larger in the photos than it appears (about the size of a nickel currently).

Again, please only contact me if you are serious. The description is quite detailed, there are pics and links to video. I think I've covered any and all questions that can possibly be asked. The California title is in my name.

Please be nice and don't flag.
            do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
            :p
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

*sigh* dat hood

325es E30 Bmw 1986 - $2000

1986 325es BMW Coupe: E30

- Clean Title- 86,xxx!
              - Delphin grey metallic
              - 5 Speed
              - 86,XXX original miles
              - ES sports package- M-Tech- wheel, front valance, rear lip, - Factory LSD diff locks up hard
              - 14" "bottle cap wheels" brand new tires all around
              - Power Windows
              - Power Sunroof
              - Power & heated Locks
              - A/C needs to be charged
              - OEM Radio with OEM Anti-Theft codes
              - Brand new tires <200 miles ($600 with alignment)
              - Just had the alignment done

The Bad:
              - Fading clear coat on roof, dent near sun roof
              -small ding on passenger door
              - passenger fender has been replaced needs paint and a small piece of trim on both doors
              - Small dash crack on passenger's side (infamous E30 problem very small if you have ever seen one)
              - 13 OBC is functional except outside temperature (very minor thing just trying to be thorough)
              - Inspection has run out - will need to be towed
              - I have a parts car with new engine that comes with the car rebuilt with new timing belt & water pump & thermostat
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Fukkkk me. I'm so relieved that this is wrong-hand drive.

E46t

Comment

Like, massively relieved.

E46t

Comment

that dude sells cars on BaT all the time.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah I know. Generally good cars, but folks can keep their RHD examples.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                        Fukkkk me. I'm so relieved that this is wrong-hand drive.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...618083775.html
                        That's hot! This guy has 3 other really nice E30 Tourings for sale as well. Nice inventory here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                          I literally thought that hood was photoshopped at first. So bad. :/

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

2002 BMW 330CI SPORT PACKAGE 5 speed manual M sport WHEELS - $3750

CAR IS READY TO GO
                            NO ISUESS AT ALL except for the drivers door window senor not working(15 dollar fix)
                            Engine is quiet, drives straight , no weird noises , it drives like it has less than 100k , not from Philadelphia originally but from upstate new york where i live.
                            It does have 174k miles but if you know these cars and you see this one you will love the condition its in.
                            Does have parking sensors, 5 speed manual clutch is great, xenons are nice and bright, harmon karnon sound system works great, i get about 29mph high way and never had a check engine light since ive owned it
                            New air filters, control arms put in last week and brakes are about 80% life
                            Tires are about 80% too but are snows so they are not as quiet as they should be.
                            Overall i would be selling for 4500 but i need to sell quick due to a new car purchase and no room for it.
                            3750 is a good deal but i will take REASONABLE offers

Comment

this one any good?

Comment

Originally posted by xzerox View Post
                                This one has appeared here before, and the comments pointed towards 'no' due to the 'investment grade' multi colored front valance. Dude needs to paint that thing bronzit. Looks half assed, so leads me to wonder what other corners have been cut.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X