Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
    do you have a ballpark price on mountain and pan? will we be able to buy just the pan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have pricing yet, as we'll need to finalize production costs and quantities first. But sure, individual components can always be purchased separately from us.
    David Calzada
    KMiata Inc.
    KMiata.com

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
      If anyone is interested someone let the cat out of the bag on R3V favebook where i posted my picture. They put up their Turbo K series in the M3

E30 or E36? Can you point the way? Are there pics outside of Facebook? VERRYY interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
        E30 or E36? Can you point the way? Are there pics outside of Facebook? VERRYY interested!
        This was the photo on facebook.

Originally posted by Good & Tight
        It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

That is a TASTY burger.
          :up:

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
            This was the photo on facebook.
            Are you involved? Any chance there's a head on photo showing clearance around the frame rail? What about hood clearance?

Comment

Soon as I saw that KMiata had adapter plates for the K to G260, I went to my local Car-Part yard and bought a low mile (82k) 2008 TSX engine, 170lb compression on all 4 cylinders. I'll pick it up this week. Then I bought one of the adapter plates. I'm in no rush, but I'm looking forwards to the KMiata engine mounts and pan.
              That said, I wish I knew what I was doing :mrgreen:
              I'm going to learn a lot doing this project.

Comment

^how much did you pay for the tsx engine?
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  ^how much did you pay for the tsx engine?
                  Since I didn't have a core engine, I paid just over a grand. A couple other engines in the yard had around 155k and were going for $750, and another with 120k was listed for $900. I might make a few bucks back off a few parts I won't need, but probably just gas money.

Comment

Just ordered the adapter plate for the ZF,(I have a 98 M3 parts car that I'm pulling the trans from) flywheel, and release bearing. Going to pick up an K24 maybe try and work a deal and snag two, one to get up and going and one for a turbo build. Gonna pick up the oil pan and motor mounts when they becomes available.

That pic is a lot of inspiration....
                    1984 533i
                    1984 733i
                    1985 325e
                    1998 M3
                    1998 318ti
                    2008 335i

Comment

Thanks for the orders guys! Both of your packages shipped out yesterday.

Yeah, the engine position in the e30 chassis is great. Hood clearance is fine, and ground clearance is also perfect. Once I have some more physical parts here I'll be sure to post more pictures.

Sort of related, that manifold and turbo are back on our 2001 Miata, and we're fabbing the intercooler mount and piping today. I'm aiming to have the car up and running by mid July with boost. Stock k20z1 engine and a gen 2 GTX 3076R should be good for around 600whp on e85. Once that's done, the manifold pictured will be in production, and it conveniently fits in the e30 as you can see....
                      David Calzada
                      KMiata Inc.
                      KMiata.com

Comment

I cannot wait to be able to afford this haha
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

So uh... AWD swap pan availability? Lol.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Amazing little motors.

"514hp / 410tq at 18.5psi on 110 octane race gas
                            Stock K24 motor, ported RBC intake manifold, PRL Motorsports ZDX throttle body adapter, ZDX throttle body, ID1000 injectors, PRL Motorsports fuel return system, PRL Motorsports Stage 2 turbo kit with Precision 5858 turbo, custom 3" exhaust, Hondata KPro, Competition Clutch Stage 4 Clutch
                            Founded in 2007, PRL is the preferred manufacturer & supplier of high quality performance parts for Honda / Acura Platforms. We develop intercoolers, intake & exhaust systems, turbocharger upgrades, flex fuel sensor kits & more. Proudly made in the USA!

Comment

Awesome to see some progress on this, this motor is definitely on my potential swap list for this winter. If I could do a k24 for about the same price as a s52, I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had my eye on a swap like this soon to experiment with. I have a 6-speed and 5-speed laying around.

Comment

Working...
                                X