This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    oh yeah, let's hear what a sheriff has to say on the matter, since the local LEO commander just got *forced to step down* over the illegal shit he's been doing...

anyone who trusts cops doesn't have much experience with them.
    I trust Sheriffs way more than the PD. Very different. At least Sheriffs have to be elected.

And in general I am VERY weary of all law enforcement. But, you dismissing it as a whole just fits your feelings on the matter. And that's fine.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

There is only one way to fix the tragedy of the Native Americans in the US: Cut the umbilical cord, disband "sovereign nations" and give them the chance to assimilate. Unpopular, I know.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah. Why dont we just fucking gas them while we're at it.

I have the feeling youd sell out your own mother if it benefitted you..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          Yeah. Why dont we just fucking gas them while we're at it.

I have the feeling youd sell out your own mother if it benefitted you..
          Cause that's exactly what I was saying. Congratulations on being a retard.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

well, what you *are* saying is we should rescind a legally-binding agreement we made in good faith, because you think it's inconvenient, even if the only change to you personally would be an arguably-negligible dip in pump prices; given their volativity.

but i know the president-elect is making that shit popular these days...
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              I trust Sheriffs way more than the PD. Very different. At least Sheriffs have to be elected.
              Only one does. The rest just apply. But yea, they, in my area anyway, seem to be much more laid back, and dont bother people

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

marshall the native american genocide was America's holocaust. manifest destiny was pretty much a death warrant to all native peoples. also assimilation was tried but it was never funded properly and led to the rampant alcoholism we see today. how would you like it if you were told your whole way of life is wrong and you cant live free how you please?

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  well, what you *are* saying is we should rescind a legally-binding agreement we made in good faith, because you think it's inconvenient, even if the only change to you personally would be an arguably-negligible dip in pump prices; given their volativity.

but i know the president-elect is making that shit popular these days...
                  No, it's not about lowering my gas prices. It's about freeing native Americans from the institutional slavery we put them in in the first place. We screwed up being imperialists and tried to take land while leaving them separate tiny nations. The whole concept was flawed. The world changed around native Americans and in an effort to leave them be, we moved them and then virtually let them selves rot.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                    marshall the native american genocide was America's holocaust. manifest destiny was pretty much a death warrant to all native peoples. also assimilation was tried but it was never funded properly and led to the rampant alcoholism we see today. how would you like it if you were told your whole way of life is wrong and you cant live free how you please?
                    Not even close to the Holocaust but nice try. What the US didn't do but should have done is conquered each tribe like a separate nation and then forced them to become US citizens. Imperialism is an ugly business but if you are going to do it, do it right.

You can't fund assimilation, you force it and demand it. Instead we said, sure, be your own nation with your own laws and own justice system and have zero way to compete in the emerging world economy.

Native Americans were extinct before we moved west, they just didn't know it yet. Traditions are fine, customs are fine, food is fine, but there was no way to be a hunter and gathering nomadic people in the modern world. The world changed and left their way of life in the dust.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Man, I love reading the stuff you say.

It's ironic that you're fighting against a different train of thought. One that is more popular and more accepted across the country. You are the one being left behind. The idea of forcing Native Americans to assimilate has been going out of fashion for 80 years and is increasingly unpopular. There is no happy forced assimilation. There is only genocide. This, right here, is society forcing you to assimilate. But you won't, because of whatever reasons you have.

Do you think assimilation will work on other people, since it doesn't work on you?

And oh man, the holocaust statement. 90 million Native Americans dying isn't even close?
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

It's ironic that you're fighting against a different train of thought. One that is more popular and more accepted across the country. You are the one being left behind. The idea of forcing Native Americans to assimilate has been going out of fashion for 80 years and is increasingly unpopular. There is no happy forced assimilation. There is only genocide. This, right here, is society forcing you to assimilate. But you won't, because of whatever reasons you have.

Do you think assimilation will work on other people, since it doesn't work on you?

And oh man, the holocaust statement. 90 million Native Americans dying isn't even close?
                        It's not gassing people. And in case you haven't noticed, your forced assimilation was stopped dead in its tracks with the election of Trump. My thoughts aren't old thoughts, just uncomfortable ones. Do you need a safe space to retreat to?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Good think you can hide behind those white robes in public, eh?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            Good think you can hide behind those white robes in public, eh?
                            Roiiight

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

Don't you love people lamenting how they should have violated people's rights so that things would be better now?

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                                And in case you haven't noticed, your forced assimilation was stopped dead in its tracks with the election of Trump.
                                I don't think Trump has much bearing on nearly a century of thought on the matter. Feel free to think otherwise though and not be assimilated into the rest of our culture. Also, feel free to ignore that the popular vote was a few million votes the other way. The majority is right, in your line of thinking, correct?

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                Don't you love people lamenting how they should have violated people's rights so that things would be better now?
                                Yeah. Maybe their rights should be violated and things would be better now. Or maybe we should ask the Native Americans if they want to be stripped of their culture. My father figure and the person that got me into old BMWs is Navajo, born and raised on a reservation. I'm 100% sure of his answer. Or maybe we should just shoot them all so that we can do what we want with their land, like we did for several centuries already. It worked out great for the USA before, let's make America Great Again.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X