Found another e30..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found another e30..

So I stumbled across a neat looking coupe 1987..Will call guy tonight. 325...hope it's an 325i. Don't want an 325e really. High mileage.auto tragic. But the the car is solid for a Northeast BMW. Some clear coat failure on the flat panels but everything is there and straight and no repaint that I can see. All original. Rear battery and jack holding area plus spare tire well are also clean. Some rust on rockers but not bad at all. Odd blue outside and nice sport cloth blue check on the interior. Needs a muffler, has high mileage..over 200k. Finding an M20 to throw in wouldn't be that hard if the engine was real tired. But that doesn't scare me. My 318is has almost 300k with a new rebuilt motor. Man this would be a great beater car. My 2002 Subaru is almost on life support and my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I really can't stand. Damn....Should I add it to my stable? I could get for less then a grand.

It is so tempting.

dlm ny country

I don’t think you can go wrong buying these cars for under a grand these days. Buy and rally the f**k out of it.

Clean title?

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Yeah I agree. I do need something to get around in the winter though. Maybe I could keep the Jeep once the Subaru gets junked and use the this car as a beater spring thru fall.
      I'm keeping the 318is and 2002 in the garage though. NY style.

dlm ny country

Comment

I know the pain man. Our cars are exposed to constant salt for close to 4 months a year. I have a beater 94 Cherokee exclusively for winter.

The Build:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

I drive my E90 around all year while the E30 sits under a cover in the garage. E90s are a dime a dozen (even if it's a really great car - reminds me a lot of a stock 325i E30 actually), so I don't feel bad if it gets wet or somebody hits it with their door, or keys it (WTF, really, you're going to key my $6000 BMW? fuck you).

Anyway, I don't even bother to drive the E90 if it's snowing (RWD, summer tires) - a good buddy of mine who happens to run a BMW shop told me when I asked him what to do for winter tires "I wouldn't - I'd just drive something else". Thus, the X5, which I simultaneously hate and "like" (automatics are horrid, I don't GAF what the city traffic wimps have to say, it just plain sucks).

The "nice" E30? Fuck no, I don't drive it in winter and it's an IX. They now salt the living fuck out of the roads here, which is laughable - we get maybe 1" of snow a year on average. I don't take it out unless another car is broken or if there's a 0.0000% chance of rain. Which in the PNW, adds up to like 500 miles a year.. lol.

But anyway, for $1k, if it saves you from driving a car you fucking hate (like anything with an automatic, ugh), then yeah - go for it. clean title? who cares - for $1k, you should be happy it runs/drives. Put snow tires on it and you'll be fine. a RWD E30 with snow tires and LSD is way better than a POS FWD econobox and bald all-seasons..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah. I'm gonna give the car a 2nd look today. Get the Vin number. Wish it was a stick. Also looking for a good muffler beside the ridiculous BMW oem prices. All the Walker, Bosal after market mufflers I have last only a few years. I would consider a stainless steel one if the price is reasonable.
            Need a BMW ratrod !!!

dlm ny country

Comment

So I got the vin number and it's s "e" model". Not sure if it's worth it since it has an auto tragic tranny. I would really use it as a daily beater but I do like a little revving like my M42 motor. The jury is still out.

dlm ny country

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                So I got the vin number and it's s "e" model". Not sure if it's worth it since it has an auto tragic tranny. I would really use it as a daily beater but I do like a little revving like my M42 motor. The jury is still out.

dlm ny country
                5 speed swap and 885 head? :devil:

Comment

have you driven an eta? they really arent that bad. the auto is lame though, but its only a grand if the exterior looks good and theres a few more pluses its still not a bad car to get
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

We have an e car and it’s really nice to drive around. I’ve never been in an e30 with an auto trans though.....

Buy it for a thousand and get the 5 speed swap parts, usually around $400 I think? Then you’d have a satisfying daily.
                    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I got a Free e30!

So I do pest control and I Am always on the look out for Beamers. I saw this one
                      I asked the lady if it was for sell and she basically said it was he dads she drove it for 5 years and loved it. After letting her son use I it guess the engine was blown idk but long story short she said I can have it free and towed free. So yes I know I’ll have to put money in but I’ve been praying for a weird sign like this and free is too good to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                      X