No announcement yet.

The Latest & Greatest: 1994 (E30) 316i Daytona Violet Design Edition Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The elated new owner is currently sleeping, and her new car is in our driveway. I'll let her post details about it once she's up and we've had a chance to look at it in the daylight, but I will say the car is unbelievable. :D

Comment

The car definitely looks to be in superb condition...can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for sharing a great purchase story!
      Eric Giles
      '20 M2 CS
      '04 M3
      '11 X5 35D
      '87 325is
      '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Following this thread forever.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I vote for a M54b30 6 speed conversion! Its always been my dream to have a M54/6 touring.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

My new touring is HERE! :D It was delivered to our house last night. I can't begin to describe how excited I was - it's still surreal that this whole thing has worked out and the car made it all the way from Germany to our driveway so seamlessly!

Even in the dark, this car looked incredible! I got to start it for the first time while it was still loaded on the car trailer. It started right up and the engine started purring - considering the modest engine, it sounded nicer than I was expecting (though I'm going to miss the exhaust note from the 320i :(). The fabric on the seats and door cards is a really neat texture that I also couldn't tell from the pictures. The sport seats felt brand new. It even smelled inexplicably like a new car!

You can kind of see that the trunk was loaded up with a second set of wheels. There were some other parts in the back seat which I couldn't really see in the dark. We went back later and inspected the car with a flashlight. Besides a few scratches and dents we knew about, the car was so clean and rust free I couldn't believe it.

This morning at sunrise... worth getting up early to stare at this beauty! ;D (Photo courtesy of Shockwave, who knew I had no hope in hell of waking up at that hour. ;))

I haven't had a chance to drive it very far yet, but you can tell everything is solid and super tight on this car. It's going to be a lot of fun to cruise around in! :)

The 320i touring that I sold is still in our driveway waiting to be shipped to its new owner in the US, so I think it would be really cool to do a mini photo shoot with both tourings. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
            Nice
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
            Beautiful car! Love that color on a touring
            Thanks, I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it!

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
            The car definitely looks to be in superb condition...can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for sharing a great purchase story!
            Glad you enjoyed the story. :) Lots more pictures coming soon!

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Following this thread forever.
            Happy to have you along for the ride. :up:

Originally posted by stonea View Post
            I vote for a M54b30 6 speed conversion! Its always been my dream to have a M54/6 touring.
            Right, I remember you mentioned that in my thread for my last car. I wasn't sure about the idea of the electronic throttle, but you made it sound pretty good. ;)

I think I'll need to spend some time getting to know the stock engine before making up my mind about what to do.
            1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
            Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Congrats! I'm glad the purchase and delivery went so well! :)

Now that you have it, what is the first thing you have planned for it (besides driving it ;) )?

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
                This morning at sunrise... worth getting up early to stare at this beauty! ;D (Photo courtesy of Shockwave, who knew I had no hope in hell of waking up at that hour. ;))

I couldn't wait to see it. It's very surreal having it here: even though I had the plan to make this happen, I still find it amazing that you can actually buy cars from other continents with reasonable confidence.

Anyone looking to import a car like we did should contact Will Zaraska through his website:

Once we had the car secured with the seller, he handled absolutely everything else for us, and his fee is very reasonable. Highly recommended. :)

The 320i touring that I sold is still in our driveway waiting to be shipped to its new owner in the US, so I think it would be really cool to do a mini photo shoot with both tourings. :mrgreen:
                We'll have to see if we can arrange that before the shipping company picks up his car.

I think a drag race between our two daytona violet cars in the spring would be hilarious - I'll even give you a 5 second head start! :p

Right, I remember you mentioned that in my thread for my last car. I wasn't sure about the idea of the electronic throttle, but you made it sound pretty good. ;)
                Just say no to electronic throttles in modern classics.

I think I'll need to spend some time getting to know the stock engine before making up my mind about what to do.
                That's my advice right there. The motor feels very fresh, and while the car sure isn't fast, it's definitely fun.

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                Now that you have it, what is the first thing you have planned for it (besides driving it ;) )?
                Welcome to Ontario, Canada:

Our driveway is quite an unusual sight, especially for this area of our planet. We just had time to put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank, top it up and park it before winter arrived. We'll finish the winterization over the next few days when it isn't so windy, but we have a plan to ensure the car isn't going to see any salt.

We managed to get it dirty.

Smoked lights in front. Looks like a professionally applied coating.

Smoked tails, too. A second set of smoked taillights was included with the car.

This car has no rust. Not the typical E30 'rust free' meaning some rust - NO rust anywhere on the car.

I love the shark fin antenna on the car, too. First one I've ever seen on a BMW of this vintage, and it's a stock option listed on the build sheet.

Comment

Wow! Love it!
                  89 325i 4dr s52
                  02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                  21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post

Smoked lights in front. Looks like a professionally applied coating.
                    Painting the silver metal light rings black would really complete the grille with the smoked headlights. Thats what I am actually doing on the 318 this weekend!
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

We got a bunch of the original paperwork and documentation from Germany when we bought the car which I thought was really cool. I found out that I had been calling the seller by his last name the whole time, which I thought was his first name. He had signed all of his messages to me with only his last name, so I'm still confused. I want to send him a picture of me giving the touring a big hug and a thank you message telling him how much I love the car, but I have no idea how that would come across. I guess we'll see! ;)

The car appears to have had the majority of its service history entered into the book which was included with the car right up until this year. Now I just have to figure out what the different inspections / services consist of and when they were last done so I can keep up with the maintenance myself.

My SO found this old school carrying case for me to keep all of the manuals in:

Some other items in the glove box included a German dashboard parking sign:

...and Daytona Violet touch-up paint:

In addition to the second set of wheels, there were more parts in the car (some of which I'll have to check out later) like these:

A design edition, ummm, thing! According to the part number on the back, it's a seat pad for the rear seats.

An extra "kielrippenriemen" and a bag of, errmm??? Still have to figure out what everything is for...

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      Congrats! I'm glad the purchase and delivery went so well! :)

Thanks! :) The weather has put a damper on any serious plans at the moment... without a garage, I can't even really inspect the interior and finish emptying the contents without snow blowing in unfortunately. So far, I added my Gearswitch cupholder that I had in my other touring to the center console... and that's about it. As much as I'd love to drive the touring right now and start working on it, I'm glad we got it right under the wire before the snow! My main plan is to park it and start working on our new project, the E28, which we'll be driving in the winter. I'm also going to see if we can get the shipping company to cover the damage to the touring that occurred during shipping.

I think a drag race between our two daytona violet cars in the spring would be hilarious - I'll even give you a 5 second head start! :p
                      Although I agree a drag race would be "hilarious" , how about a race on an extremely twisty route where we have to pick up heavy cargo at the half-way point?

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                      Wow! Love it!
                      Thanks! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this car. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Painting the silver metal light rings black would really complete the grille with the smoked headlights. Thats what I am actually doing on the 318 this weekend!
                      Thanks for the idea! Now I'm extra jealous of you and your heated garage... It'll probably be a while before it's warm enough for me to paint anything outside. Post some pics of the 318 when you're done! :up:
                      Last edited by Roadrunner; 11-20-2016, 03:43 PM.
                      1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
                      Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

My SO found this old school carrying case for me to keep all of the manuals in:

That was from one of my many trips to the salvage yard.

Some other items in the glove box included a German dashboard parking sign:

There's another one of those in the driver's door pocket... which I'm stealing since you have two of them. ;)

In addition to the second set of wheels, there were more parts in the car (some of which I'll have to check out later) like these:

Those would be German dealer license plate frames.

A design edition, ummm, thing! According to the part number on the back, it's a seat pad for the rear seats.

I think this is a spare part as both of the seat pads in the car are present and in perfect condition. No idea why it's included with the car, but it's nice to have.

An extra "kielrippenriemen" and a bag of, errmm??? Still have to figure out what everything is for...

I really want to open that bag to count how many "Fuchs" were given by the previous owner. ;D

Comment

You have an awesome touring yourself! :up: Did you find the red design edition interior for yours that you were looking for?
                          Heh, thanks You Mate :)
                          I found a half of red design edition interior :D
                          Some pics in my topic.

After new photos i must say it only one thing... Awesome overall condition of this touring! :)
                          Where You want use a green light bulbs? U want make a red indictaros in rear?

Comment

beautiful color. this car deserves an S50.

Comment

I really want to open that bag to count how many "Fuchs" were given by the previous owner. ;D
                              LOL, when I saw your other post this exact joke popped in my head..beat me to it.

Comment

Dying
                                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                                X