Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this coolant hose hooked up correctly? Needs replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this coolant hose hooked up correctly? Needs replacement.

So my car has a coolant leak, and I pinpointed what hose it is that's leaking. I went to look it up on RealOEM, but the hose in the diagram is routed differently than mine.

It's one of the two hoses coming out of the left side of throttle body. It snakes down under the intake manifold and into the block. I have it highlighted below in red.

The hose appears to be labeled 13541708840. However, googling that doesn't seem to help me. It brings up E28 stuff and the diagrams aren't helpful.

When I look up the diagram on RealOEM, it doesn't go into the block, it goes into the thermostat.

However, the OTHER hose I have going into the throttle body (the top one) goes into the thermostat. According to the diagram, the bottom one should be going into the thermostat.

So my top and bottom TB coolant hoses might be mixed up. OK... but where is the top one supposed to go then? In the RealOEM diagram, it just kind of goes off into unspecified space.

So... what's going on here? I thought it would be as simple as replacing the leaking hose, but now I'm not sure it's going where it's supposed to. I'm also not sure what the part number of the hose I need should be.

Detailed help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

I wouldn't think it matters which pipe is on which on the throttle body, as all that it is is to heat up the throttle body to stop it freezing (Joule–Thomson effect).

I can check when i get home but i'm almost certain mine is piped up the same as your photos.

Comment

In that diagram, hose #19 goes to that nipple on the block. Someone switched around the hoses, but it doesn't matter and won't hurt anything.

I'm deleting my heater on my turbo motor and using an old shortened oil drain bolt as a block plug. Threads are the same.
      Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

it looks like you are missing the whole bracket p/n 12521719510 that is NLA since '17

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          it looks like you are missing the whole bracket p/n 12521719510 that is NLA since '17

Only came with cars that had the c191 injector harness and tee shaped expansion hose (that bracket holds both). The earlier 325i (and eta's) with the dual outlet water pump have the "P" clip that is shown in the OP's pics.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Those hoses are connected correctly, top hose goes to the T-stat housing and the bottom hose goes to the head (if i am not mistaken).

Comment

Working...
            X