I had to buy it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to buy it

My first E28, 88 528 super eta. Bought it with the understanding that it has a bad trans and a noisy diff. Not sure what direction I'm headed with it.
    sigpic

Cool. It doesn't look in bad shape at all. Like the rims on it.
    sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

I love the color and rims. It doesn't look like it would take much to make it a nice cruiser.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to pimp your ride. Lol. Purple shag headliner ?
        sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

Hi, how goes your das 6er? I just picked up a 535i with the same llama interior. I have most of the interior except the front seats and the glove box. With the seta it is easier to do the e to I swap. The 2 sport seats are from some other cars it should have started life with comfort seats.

Andy

Comment

I like it! Cruiser for sure

Comment

Originally posted by South26 View Post
              Hi, how goes your das 6er? I just picked up a 535i with the same llama interior. I have most of the interior except the front seats and the glove box. With the seta it is easier to do the e to I swap. The 2 sport seats are from some other cars it should have started life with comfort seats.

Andy
              Dads sixer might have just become a fiver. The e24 has a good(large) amount of rust in the strut towers and the structural supports under the front fenders. After looking this e28 over we are thinking it might be a better choice for the mm engine and his suspension. Everything should be a direct swap.
              sigpic

Comment

Update: suspension is swapped from above mentioned sixer. MM engine is in the e28 body. I had originally tried to install the e24's trans, but quickly figured out that I should be using the g265 that we already had in the trailer. So that is on the bench waiting for selector rod and shifter parts to come in. Once I install the trans and fit the driveshaft I'll concentrate more on the engine.

I've been collecting motronic 1.3 stuff to upgrade from the earlier 1.1 system. I still need a front balancer and and a few other things. I already have a harness and have started fitting that.

I did discover that the rot and rust at the rear bumper supports is unsafe and needs to be replaced. I saw in a post somewhere that Levent is replacing the rear panel on one of his projects and he has inspired me to do the same. Thank You L. Today I pulled the rear bumper and all the trunk stuff. Removed the lights and the trunk lock actuator and control box. Pics to follow sometime this week.
                sigpic

Comment

I like it.
                  e28s are much better cars then e30s anyway.
                  Wish I had one

Comment

I took a few pics of the rear end just to show ho waffled it is. Both of the outer bumper shock mounts that tie into the subframe are actually completely gone. They po just screwed in some rat wire and put a big pile of bondo on top of it.

ttp://s1328.photobucket.com/user/bmwstudent/media/DSCN0304_zps499debcc.jpg.html][/URL]
                    This is the left side. So I ordered the rear panel and all three rear supports that tie into the subframe. They will be in tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Replacement panel is in, waiting on two of the bumper shock supports to come from Germany.om/user/bmwstudent/media/DSCN0307_zps51026d93.jpg.html][/URL]
                      I'm currently doing an engine swap for a buddy on his wife's volvo s60, so this may take a back seat for a few weeks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice project! I hope you're able to get back to it soon.

Good for you for repairing it. Seal the heck out of that shock tunnel support on the driver's side as that was a real poor design that collects slush, dirt and water off the tire.
                        Matt
                        McLean, VA

Comment

Nice job doing the repair the right way, if you're going to all the effort to replace the tail panel it seems like a great time to do euro bumpers?

Comment

Thanks guys, and yes it does seem to be a great time to do euro bumpers. I suppose that takes a front valance change as well, and about a G for the bumpers. I really need to curb my spending on this project. For right now I'm going to be going the stock route unless anyone is feeling super generous( Boby where are you?). I'll be keeping my eye out for any deals that pass thru r3v and mye28.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
                              ][/url]
                              This is the left side. So I ordered the rear panel and all three rear supports that tie into the subframe. They will be in tomorrow.
                              wow that's disgusting
                              glad youre repairing that stuff
                              Originally posted by dvck
                              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X