Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
    Holy fucknuts. 8500rpm on an M54?

I'm guessing it's destroked and he's using an ati superdamper among other things.

Too bad he's not sharing the secret sauce
    Pretty sure he's running an ATI dampner. Spoke with my buddy Mark that works with Karl over at RE. The rumor is he's now got the thing running close to 600rwhp after a ton of head work, custom cams, and a ton of time dyno tuning it.. but the other rumor is that's with $20K put into the motor.

Comment

600hp NA M54?? Now that would be something to see
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

The guy deals in building custom pistons for BMW and Porsche race cars so I have no doubt it has a crazy comp ratio among other things. He sold the first car he built with the original setup IIRC.

For the time being I would be happy with a 15-20rwhp bump and better throttle response.

Comment

Apparently that 350whp dyno was done with a stock bore and stock stroke, solid lifters, lots of headwork, 13:1 compression, a motec ECU, and VANOS only on the intake cam. Couldn't find anything else.

If we can get some more good info on safe rev limits with an ATI damper on 24v setups, we might see a lot more big power NA builds for us plebs.

Robert, when I get the model of the M52 setup in the CFD software, I can run a test comparing stock intake vs. S54 throttles.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
            Pretty sure he's running an ATI dampner. Spoke with my buddy Mark that works with Karl over at RE. The rumor is he's now got the thing running close to 600rwhp after a ton of head work, custom cams, and a ton of time dyno tuning it.. but the other rumor is that's with $20K put into the motor.
            $20k is an absolute bargain for that amount of power out of that motor without any boost... maybe if he did all the tuning, design and head work himself for free. Also, zero streetability if true.

Comment

For the time being I would be happy with a 15-20rwhp bump and better throttle response.
              Good luck, and I mean it... The s54 is a 50mm diameter, and that requires other things to be changed to accommodate for them. You didn't mathematically calculate this out did you? What cams, pistons, and headers are you combining with this "kit"? The price tag to do this from scratch is easily $5,000+ On the stock motor you are going to be

You can post all the pretty pictures and irrelevant dyno-graphs you want, but the fact of physics remains. Until you post your mathematical calculations that prove that this can reasonably be done I will shut up and :popcorn:
              sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                $20k is an absolute bargain for that amount of power out of that motor without any boost... maybe if he did all the tuning, design and head work himself for free. Also, zero streetability if true.
                Absolutely not at 13:1 comp. AFAIK it was one of his primary club racing cars.

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                Good luck, and I mean it... The s54 is a 50mm diameter, and that requires other things to be changed to accommodate for them. You didn't mathematically calculate this out did you? What cams, pistons, and headers are you combining with this "kit"? The price tag to do this from scratch is easily $5,000+ On the stock motor you are going to be

You can post all the pretty pictures and irrelevant dyno-graphs you want, but the fact of physics remains. Until you post your mathematical calculations that prove that this can reasonably be done I will shut up and :popcorn:
                The "kit" is just a kit that allows you to bolt it onto your engine. What engine, cams, pistons, etc.. you choose to use is yours... maybe you missed that part.

Of course you were touting how it probably won't make gains and then I post a dyno of it showing gains on a M54B30. Typical r3v hater fashion

Is ok though, I like peanut butter because there's always plenty of free jelly. ;)

Comment

I gotta call BS on the 600rwhp NA claim. That would be 233hp/L (if it's still 3L, and assuming 15% drivetrain loss, so about 700hp at the crank). If it does make that power, it probably won't be long before it needs a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    I gotta call BS on the 600rwhp NA claim. That would be 233hp/L (if it's still 3L, and assuming 15% drivetrain loss, so about 700hp at the crank). If it does make that power, it probably won't be long before it needs a rebuild.
                    I'm not the one making the claim, those were pure rumors floating around his shop. Anyone that knows Karl @ RE knows he knows his shit and he's also very protective of his work.

Comment

Seemed to work great for Karl's M54B30.. and from what I understand he's putting out much higher numbers now but is very secretive about what else he's done to the engine.

Regardless, I always love reading the remarks of desktop mechanics but I'd much rather prefer to spend the majority of my time doing than talking.
                      that was the guys point, obviously a M54 with S54 bolt on power would be sized about right.....but an M54 with minor bolt ons and 200whp not so much
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I'm not the one making the claim, those were pure rumors floating around his shop. Anyone that knows Karl @ RE knows he knows his shit and he's also very protective of his work.
                        obviously its BS, it is without a doubt impossible NA.

you could make an S54 head to support 500bhp i would think the M54 head wouldnt be that far from that when all is said and done. the rest is relatively easy really in todays world it is just money. it is harder to make it last than to make the numbers
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

The "kit" is just a kit that allows you to bolt it onto your engine.
                          Engine dynamics bud...

it showing gains on a M54B30.
                          After that we will be designing a single intake plenum friendly to E36s as well as E30 24v swap cars.
                          This is designed for the m/s50/2 motors correct? Therefor, posting an m54 dyno-graph is irrelevant... If this is an m54 conversion, clarify that in your first post. Call me a "hater", or someone who knows enough to question what you are doing... I'll leave you alone.
                          sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                            Engine dynamics bud...

This is designed for the m/s5x motors correct? Therefor, posting an m54 dyno-graph is irrelevant... If this is an m54 conversion, clarify that in your first post. Call me a "hater", or someone who knows enough to question what you are doing... I'll leave you alone.
                            I thought you said were done posting?

You're claiming "Engine Dynamics" as a reason it won't work when I've proven that an engine setup to use such an adapter makes obvious gains.

I've made no claims of HP or performance increases on ANY engine. This is simple a kit for someone building an engine that wants to take advantage of S54 ITBs. How they build their engine is completely their responsibility.

How bout this kid? Let me finish this project and let TRM tune it. I've always been honest and forthcoming about my products. I will post up my findings and if there is an issue I will continue to R&D until I happy with it.

Until that time comes why not continue to go around hating on other people's threads like you normally do and try to do better to contain your jealous nature. So far I don't see any of your posts as being anything but mainly negative and not a single product offered to the community. So put up or shut up.

So glad I learned to ignore r3v haters like you a long time ago otherwise I wouldn't be in business for myself.
                            Last edited by RobertK; 04-09-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

its good to see people doing NA builds, i'm not interested in turbos and overpowering the chassis. it is not always about making the highest numbers

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                its good to see people doing NA builds, i'm not interested in turbos and overpowering the chassis. it is not always about making the highest numbers
                                TY sir, a fan of your M20 build thread BTW. I will always have love for M20s.

Comment

Working...
                                X