No announcement yet.

Glenn Beck's fans get Cars towed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Hey, next time hit me up with any hippie drum circle questions.

Comment

farbin, no one wants to see those vids of you dancing and jumping around a fire pit with moccosins on.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't wear moccosins, I rock my vintage Birkenstocks with patchwork pants.

Seen here,

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Whay are you guys assuming the libs are at fault?

Seems like a typical college prank to me.
          Most conservatives were liberal until they had to start paying bills for themselves.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
            Most conservatives were liberal until they had to start paying bills for themselves.

You just hit my nail on the head. That's why the quote is in my sig. When I was younger, I was all sorts of jocking what Clinton was saying, and I now know I didn't even understand it, but I sucked it up, and told my parents what was what, they wouldn't agree with me, I thought they didn't care about our world, etc. yadda yadda yadda.

I still bought in on the kool aid when Boosh took office, then somewhere along the line my mind clicked on, and I felt like such a retard.

So, I do understand where everyone is coming from on both sides, I've been there.

I just wonder if most liberals have a stunted social understanding of our real world.

Comment

On the current topic... I thought it was a hilarious prank. If the pranksters are caught yes they are liable for damages just like anyone else. Political views completely aside.

Don't understand why everyone has their panties in a twist over what amounts to a college prank.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                ^Hey, next time hit me up with any hippie drum circle questions.
                will do, I always for get you are well versed in hippiedom, h0lmes wont talk to me anymore :(
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, I did convert, but it was fun while it lasted. Venice Beach baybee.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    On the current topic... I thought it was a hilarious prank. If the pranksters are caught yes they are liable for damages just like anyone else. Political views completely aside.

Don't understand why everyone has their panties in a twist over what amounts to a college prank.
                    I'm sure you would have a good laugh if it were your car, right?

IDK what the towing and storage charges were, but the minimum is usually around $300.00

This goes beyond a mere prank and is criminal behavior and those responsible, if caught, should be made to reimburse everyone who had to pay to retrieve their cars, not to mention damages for the time lost and any other inconveniences.
                    sigpic
                    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                      Probably not, but it was $125 per car. I already said those responsible are liable for the costs and damages incurred, just like any other prank. Again, political views aside.
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      -----------------------------------------
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

IDK what the towing and storage charges were, but the minimum is usually around $300.00

This goes beyond a mere prank and is criminal behavior and those responsible, if caught, should be made to reimburse everyone who had to pay to retrieve their cars, not to mention damages for the time lost and any other inconveniences.
                        I'm sure you would feel this way if this happened to Obama supporters. really. down to the letter. :nice:

edit:
                        also,
                        Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        True, but when you call death threats in on your own party to make it look like the right-wingers are on attack is even less civil.

this is for real?? or is this another "theory"?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

They call it the "Stupid Tax". I have paid my share. If I am stupid enough to park in a place I am not absolutely sure is legit, then I deserve to pay it.

And the stupid fuckers were even warned by the cops!

Sgt. Troy Williams, with the UCF police department said people were verbally warned not to park in the tow-away zones.

Here's more commentary from someone more familiar with the area:

As an alumni of both the University of Central Florida and the fraternity in question, I can say that those signs have been the no parking / tow away zone signs have been there since I was an undergraduate student 5 years ago.

The current undergraduate students were having an event at the house during the Glenn Beck event. None of the fraternity members or guests were able to park at the house for their event due to the number of people parked both in the lot and the yard. Since the property that the fraternity house is on is 100% privately owned, the undergraduate members exercised their right to have the violating cars towed to make room for those members/guests to attend their own event scheduled the same day.

It is national fraternity policy for current members not to talk to the media in events such as these, and to refer to the district manager which is exactly what the current undergraduates did, as mentioned in the story. Had any of the undergraduate members talked to the media, they would have been punished by the national branch. There is nothing "odd" about this as mentioned in the story.

If there ever was a yellow parking sign, it was improperly placed by someone other than the fraternity, and should never have been there. Let's concede for 1 second that such a yellow sign did exist (I personally don't believe one did). As an intelligent republican, which would you believe... a temporary yellow sign that could have been placed by anyone, or MULTIPLE permanently posted no parking / tow away signs. The fraternity house is in fairly close proximity to where the Glenn Beck event was taking, significantly closer than most of the other parking. I personally believe those who parked in the fraternity lot (and yard/grass) did so willingly. If you view the following story from the local FOX station on the same issue, you will find an interview from the local UCF police saying they warned people parking there that they could be subject to towing and were ignored. The link to that news story is:

[www.myfoxorlando.com]

NOTE: I consider myself a devout republican, a personal fan of Glenn Beck, and nothing close to a "liberal elitist" as mentioned in this post. The people parking at the house illegally were warned both by the police, by the permanent signs posted and chose to ignore both warnings. They were in the wrong and in my opinion got what they deserved. This isn't a matter of politics, it's a matter of common sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X