3.7 Trillion over the last 5 years in Welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    See I ask questions, sometimes not to push my "bias" but to get more out of the person I am asking.
    So you act ignorant and prejudiced to get more information than all of the information you just completely disregarded? Interesting approach. The problem is that people think you are ignorant and prejudiced without the intellectual capability of solid reasoning.

As to me running a school, well I have become the number 1 school in the Miami area and have 2 more opening by January. As well as two other businesses. For someone that is half brained and dont listen to facts, its working for me.

As to people Ill give you an example, I had 30 jobs for the Miami Heat AAA this past September. 30 people signed up on the list. Now mind you I have had over 1800 people come though my Miami location since I have opened up. I have a pretty big hiring pool. Out of those 30 people, only 11 showed up. Now mind you, most of the people that come to my school are either drop outs, never completed school, lost their job and have not form of formal education to get another one etc... this job pays about $200 per game and there are many games at home during the season, not counting all the concerts and shows that come though the AAA. And only 11 showed. What does that say?
    On a side note, My school makes $0 for any and all job placement. 100% of it goes directly to the bartenders that are hired. My website donates all profits (100%) of the online bar store to the National Cancer Foundation.

I am like a father to many that come though my program. I hear all sorts of stories, more so than most of you on that level. I know what their financials are to an extent and you would be surprised how many will openly give you that information.
    And all of this for some reason gives you carte blanche to generalize about all people in the social safety net following the recession that was caused by other people? How do you feel when people hold those same views to people you know in the social safety net? If you don't like it, don't do it to others [golden rule].

What does that say?
    Sounds like you want to imply that people who are in less fortunate positions are a result of their own actions and therefore should treat the other 19 as less likely to come through based on what some of their peers did. But thinking like that would limit their opportunity and make it more difficult for people who are hard working to make it if society judges a group based on a minority within them. So I am hoping you don't look down as them as a whole based on some bad apples like it very much seems so given the comment...

I'll give you an opportunity to explain what you think it says though.

I believe that people should be judged for their own actions rather than the "typical" behavior of their demographic or peer group. Do you think that, or carry prejudice based on the 11 out of 30? Do you have an assumption about SNAP users because of a small minority?

I already told you the story about my conversation with the banker the other day on this topic. And I see Mercedes driving people paying with EBT cards at the Publix next door.

I enjoy how you speculate and assume my reasons behind my questions and my views. Yet if you asked anyone "ANYONE" that personally knows me, they would be laughing at you as you have assumed wrong.
    So you saw one case of fraud and generalizate about most people in SNAP? Not very intellectual of you. Pretty simple and non-academic.

Why not explain how my perception of your views are incorrect? If you don't believe that most people in SNAP are crooks, then why try to make it seem so? Or ignore reality because it doesn't suit your persona's assumptions? It just makes you look like someone who looks down on the less fortunate and doesn't care about facts, and that's why people here don't see you the same way as people in Miami do. Whose fault is that?

If you are capable of intelligent conversation based on facts, then show it. If you act simple and devoid of any and all ability to use facts to make arguments, then that is what people will think. The disconnect between what others think and what you think of yourself is as much fault as yours then as the people who perceive you as closed-minded and it is impossible for anyone to see that you can think complexly if you never once demonstrate it.
    Last edited by rwh11385; 10-23-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
      So you act ignorant and prejudiced to get more information than all of the information you just completely disregarded? Interesting approach. The problem is that people think you are ignorant and prejudiced without the intellectual capability of solid reasoning.
      Honestly I don't care what others think, I learned that a long time ago.

And all of this for some reason gives you carte blanche to generalize about all people in the social safety net following the recession that was caused by other people? How do you feel when people hold those same views to people you know in the social safety net? If you don't like it, don't do it to others [golden rule].

Again I dont care, does not affect me other than my taxes are helping them.

So you saw one case of fraud and generalizate about most people in SNAP? Not very intellectual of you. Pretty simple and non-academic.

It was not 1 case, it was many! The stories go on and on...

Why not explain how my perception of your views are incorrect? If you don't believe that most people in SNAP are crooks, then why try to make it seem so? Nope you assume once again

It just makes you look like someone who looks down on the less fortunate and doesn't care about facts,
      I only look down at the ones that abuse the system...

and that's why people here don't see you the same way as people in Miami do. Whose fault is that? Well when people learn we are on the internet there is no way to know the true person behind the screen.

If you are capable of intelligent conversation based on facts, then show it. If you act simple and devoid of any and all ability to use facts to make arguments, then that is what people will think. The disconnect between what others think and what you think of yourself is as much fault as yours then as the people who perceive you as closed-minded and it is impossible for anyone to see that you can think complexly if you never once demonstrate it.
      Just because we have different views on things does not mean one is close minded or incapable. Again you can judge me on my actions and the way I live my life. To sit here and try to talk all big online don't mean shit. I came from nothing, had nothing, and made what I have today all since I have been a member on this board. Many locals here watched me come up with the idea and pull it off. And its working. Again actions speak louder than words.

If it was not for the distrust of several on here I would share much more, but I fear that some of the information that I might share would fall into a few clowns hands and attempt to make my life and job harder for their personal amusement. Sure I am rough around the edges, as I come from the streets, yet I have never asked for anyone's help and I have succeeded so far. Why? Because its not anyone's responsibility to take care of me. Even if I am forced to pay into a system I will refuse to use no matter what. If everyone had that motivation, this world would be a much more prosperous place.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I only look down at the ones that abuse the system...
        So you look down on the 1%?

Just because we have different views on things does not mean one is close minded or incapable. Again you can judge me on my actions and the way I live my life. To sit here and try to talk all big online don't mean shit. I came from nothing, had nothing, and made what I have today all since I have been a member on this board. Many locals here watched me come up with the idea and pull it off. And its working. Again actions speak louder than words.

If it was not for the distrust of several on here I would share much more, but I fear that some of the information that I might share would fall into a few clowns hands and attempt to make my life and job harder for their personal amusement. Sure I am rough around the edges, as I come from the streets, yet I have never asked for anyone's help and I have succeeded so far. Why? Because its not anyone's responsibility to take care of me. Even if I am forced to pay into a system I will refuse to use no matter what. If everyone had that motivation, this world would be a much prosperous place.
        The difference you fail to realize is you have your views trump facts and ignore information that you ask for. The country should be set on an improved course based on truth rather than someone's assumed views. It's like assuming that views on vaccines are equivalent between an ignorant one and an informed one. Is the country benefited by massive outbreaks of measles because of a bunk claim that vaccines caused autism? If we treat false information the same as science that is a problem, same if we treat assumptions and prejudice the same as facts. Skewed and misleading news can pull the cover over your eyes to worry about welfare queens rather than talk about the actually needed medicare/ss reform, and if you defend the right to be uninformed and want your view to be the treated the same, we're not actually going to fix the problems but remain distracted.

In regards to trying to have an intellectual conversation, actions speak louder than empty words.

Comment

I guess in a few years you can ask the NSA and they will be able to give you a better number on those 1%ers.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
            The lesson of the day is that sleeve sees the poor not as human but on the same level as animals...
            I see us all as animal's,it only takes about a week with out food for nearly anyone to begin to resort to more survivalististic means to acquire it.............. Katrina ring any bells.... people resort to primitive mentality when the comforts of modern society go away even for a short time, easy and plentiful food on the shelves of every store on every corner is the hallmark of our easy modern society.

Hunger is one of the greatest motivators, it can inspire a man to do great things, but it also can compel a man to do deplorable things just as easily. Just depends on which way will make the pangs go away the easiest and the fastest.........
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              I see us all as animal's,it only takes about a week with out food for nearly anyone to begin to resort to more survivalististic means to acquire it.............. Katrina ring any bells.... people resort to primitive mentality when the comforts of modern society go away even for a short time, easy and plentiful food on the shelves of every store on every corner is the hallmark of our easy modern society.

Hunger is one of the greatest motivators, it can inspire a man to do great things, but it also can compel a man to do deplorable things just as easily. Just depends on which way will make the pangs go away the easiest and the fastest.........
              While I agree with this statement, we DO live in a first world nation and not a primitive society. Would you prefer we go back to a more primitive way of living? It would probably be better for the planet as we would reduce the population considerably and live at a more sustainable level. But I'm not sure it is in our evolutionary nature as an intelligent species to purposely revert to a regression in living standards.
              So if you are ideologically against food stamps, planned parenthood, and all forms of welfare do you think that would be less expensive for the country as a whole? Because I'm not sure it would be. And even if you just oppose it from purely an ideological stance would you prefer the consequences of a country without any form of welfare? What would you imagine this libertarian utopia of yours would look like? Gun slinging hard working folk that all get along and occasionally shoot the guy that gets out of order? Just curious. Because I hear a lot of complaints about welfare without real subsistent solutions or alternate better systems from the right other than barking ideological mantras like "nanny state bad".
              sigpic

Comment

Why isn't anyone talking about farm subsidies, bank bailouts, or defense spending?

Same thing, just goes to different people.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                  Why isn't anyone talking about farm subsidies, bank bailouts, or defense spending?

Same thing, just goes to different people.

Start another thread

Comment

Start another thread
                    No. Welfare is welfare.
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

No. Welfare is welfare.

Defense Spending is not welfare

Comment

Rubbish. A good chunk of it is.
                        1996 Civic white/black
                        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Herbie you have been here long enough and we have had a similar talk before you should know my stance on this. But I will elaborate a bit further and address your concerns when I get back to my comp and not phone posting.

The Weight Of The Poor...........................
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

'military industrial complex' is supported by welfare in the way that war = money and we cause a lot of unnecessary ones. I do agree there are a considerable amount of people who abuse the help they receive... on any level a.k.a including corporations that are too big to fail. They get into those positions because of their inability for self preservation to overcome greed... at any level. Being in Miami you probably experience a high percentage than other parts of the country. Yet 1% of people being caught isn't an assumption to think that there are more than 1%, just as you say!
                            Last edited by Dozyproductions; 10-24-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

The amount of spending most definitely is. Lots of contracts, bases, etc don't get closed because XXX Congressman doesn't want to lose the high-paying jobs in his district, so that gets held hostage while passing something else.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Rubbish. A good chunk of it is.
                                Just another reinforcement of the same shit from him. "the only moral welfare is my welfare"

Comment

Working...
                                X