Rear Fender repair help L.A. based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Fender repair help L.A. based

Anyone out in L.A. or near socal can recommend a good body shop I can trust to work on my e30? I bought a 325is which previous owner mentioned that it was in an accident but i noticed the driver side rear fender seemed to have been bondo to match the other side. Not sure if that area of these cars are hopeless to restore to mint condition. Any suggestions or insight would be great!

Originally posted by e30C.G. View Post
    Not sure if that area of these cars are hopeless to restore to mint condition.
    From my experience, you'll be better off buying another e30 or if you're willing to go the distance, you can always cut out the fender and graph a new one in, once the area has been aligned.

Good luck Sir.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Yeah Im noticing that side of the car isn't an easy fix than if it were the front fenders. Just bought the car so I would hate to get rid of it right away. I would like to see how much work and cost would be before going that route. Thanks!

Comment

My money is on getting the frame lined up, the quarter panel is easier (at least from what I have previously read).
        Theres tons of e30s you could get that panel from or even OEM if still available.

If you find a good reasonable shop to do the work, let me know as I'm also looking for a good paint & body spot.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Will do man, body will be a whole different investment than the one I'm currently doing which is rebuild most of the engine.

Comment

Working...
          X