No announcement yet.

Who's drifting their stock M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see no physical difference between them other than part numbers. Can you elaborate? I do like the E46 first gen control arms (part 5 on the first link) but it has been discontinued :(

Comment

Well, as we all know the ETK based pictures are not always accurate depictions of the parts.

The control arm bushings are different and the arm itself is physically different. I've virtually wiped the geometry information from my memory banks; used to know but I'm bad to forget [relatively] useless information like that. As I recall, early (99-01) arms provide a more narrow overall track than the later arms. Again, iirc, I believe that the M3 arms were a little bit more beefy compared to the non-M part. Not sure how the geometry compares between the late non-M and M arms, but I think there was an increase in track with the M arm vs. the late non-M. Best option for the most accurate answer? Buy one of each and do the measuring yourself.

Comment

Man you sound like you pack fudge.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
          I see no physical difference between them other than part numbers. Can you elaborate? I do like the E46 first gen control arms (part 5 on the first link) but it has been discontinued :(
          You see no physical difference between this

And this?

Seems pretty fucking different to me... are you expecting to be able to measure the dimensions with your eyes or something?

Comment

Well when you post pictures and expect me to be able to piece it together, yes. Otherwise, posting pictures is analogous to posting a picture of a dog and a cat and saying, see, same thing.

You're chastising me for posting incomplete "proof" of something? Right.

I see no reason to pick one over the other. That's really what I'm looking for here.

Comment

Well when you post pictures and expect me to be able to piece it together, yes. Otherwise, posting pictures is analogous to posting a picture of a dog and a cat and saying, see, same thing.
              You said there was no difference between the two arms. Clearly they at the very least have different castings. (or whatever, I'd imagine one of them could be forged)

You're chastising me for posting incomplete "proof" of something? Right.
              wat

I see no reason to pick one over the other. That's really what I'm looking for here.
              You said they weren't different. They are. That's all.

Comment

hahaha you're funny.

Comment

ok.

Comment

Man you sound like you pack fudge.
                    Real mature kid-o.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                    You said there was no difference between the two arms. Clearly they at the very least have different castings.

You said they weren't different. They are. That's all.
                    Exactly.

You said they weren't different, then asked for proof. Then when part numbers/pictures were provided you asked for further proof. Then details about differences are given and you act like a child and talk shit? I'm sorry that you don't know every little nit-picking detail about every BMW part made in the last 30 years; not my problem. I wish you were right all the time, but that's not the case (from what I've seen of your posts over the years). I usually don't correct your misinforming posts when I see them because I don't feel like dealing with the juvenile nature of your posts. But in this case you asked for it, so...

I guess that was a rant so.. /rant

Comment

Working...
                    X