3 wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    Nope, never. Stock sways, H&R Race springs, Bilsteins, Azenis.

I would guess it would be a little easier on R-comps. Or... if I was fast.

It's not any easier to lift a wheel on r-comps with that same setup... at least not V710's or V700's...

Sway bars are what limits the droop on e30's and cause a wheel to lift.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      Sway bars are what limits the droop on e30's and cause a wheel to lift.
      Short konis with small stack height camber plates also results in fully off the ground jacked up.. 1.5in of tire to fender clearance.

I know this from my old e30. I never had any pictures but several people saw it lift the inside wheel 1-2 inches fully off the ground a couple times... weeeee.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Not that it's a great thing, but shows certain characteristics regarding cars suspension setup. VW's do something similar with rear wheel.
        Most BMW's that track with bigger sway bars or stiff suspensions will lift the inside front wheel under hard cornering .

E30's with stock or soft spring rates will lift the inside rear wheel during trail braking ....just like v-dubs and many front drivers .

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
        Dude , you actually had to get a pic of an '64 Impala lowrider from Germany ?!

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Not quite...

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
          e30's with stock or soft spring rates will lift the inside rear wheel during trail braking ....just like v-dubs and many front drivers .
          :o

Comment

wheres the thread of the work you did on that car, including the markers between the headlights?

Comment

My set up:

H&R sports, Bil Sports, iC front bar, disconnected rear bar, camberplates [maybe 2 degrees neg] And big steam rollers 225/50-14 Hoosier A3S05's [more like 245's]

Got air because of a hip in the road, otherwise i get kinda close according to some of the course workers.

Next season im going to SM and doing the following: '95 M3 rack, H&R race springs, Vorschlag camber plates, COP conversion and possibly a 28mm front bar.

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                Next season im going to SM and doing the following: '95 M3 rack, H&R race springs, Vorschlag camber plates, COP conversion and possibly a 28mm front bar.
                The M3 Rack is a sweet upgrade, especially if/when you run tighter courses.
                How is your tire wear at -2 camber? It wasnt enough on my 325i on Hoosiers back when I had stock diamater springs, but your car might not suffer from as much camber change during cornering with the front end being lighter.
                With -3 1/2 degrees front on my car, temps say I could STILL use a bit more...wear is very good though.

Justin
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
                  How is your tire wear at -2 camber? It wasnt enough on my 325i on Hoosiers back when I had stock diamater springs, but your car might not suffer from as much camber change during cornering with the front end being lighter.
                  With -3 1/2 degrees front on my car, temps say I could STILL use a bit more...wear is very good though.

Justin
                  did you put in an M3 rack? btw you're missing out on the UBC slush series - my plans for world domination haven't quite come to fruition yet, but i'm less than one point from the lead in SM. pray for rain! :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    did you put in an M3 rack? btw you're missing out on the UBC slush series - my plans for world domination haven't quite come to fruition yet, but i'm less than one point from the lead in SM. pray for rain! :p
                    I thought you knew about the rack, late 2006 when we were running the salt lot (tightest autocross ever), I thought I needed it to compete for FTD on that lot...I didn't get the rack in time for round #6 but I got FTD anyway :nice:

First time out with the new rack was the first time Bundy beat me in my car, Enduro at Everett. Took some getting used to.

I missed the first 2 Pitt Meadows events...:???: Sounds like your kickin ass. I really like that lot, I think it suits my car pretty well. I may as well pray for rain with you, havent had that many wet events over the last couple of years. Remember our first CSCC year autocrossing, 2003, I think there was one dry event!

Justin
                    sigpic

Comment

it's a nice lot, and a lot less stressful than driving to everett. I hate driving to everett :p
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
                        wheres the thread of the work you did on that car, including the markers between the headlights?
                        soon to be updated!

Car is going to see lots of track/autox time next season, maybe I'll get some good 3wheelin' shots to share :D

How about some dirt?

Comment

dude, that's crazy!!! What kind of vdub is that?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post

Justin
                            Not very well. I could see a ton of roll over so i took it 'fairly easy' on them at the few events where the first run took out marks on the shoulder of the tire. I didnt want to kill them, they need to last another season [hopefully]. Temps did well, i could get a good deal of heat in them.

My pops has an 88 M3 so i know what a 'quicker' rack can do, and those are even lower in ratio than E30M3 racks so i can only imagine.

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                            dude, that's crazy!!! What kind of vdub is that?
                            Looks like a Mk1 Jetta

Comment

Or this one: Stock worn out suspension and 205 Kumhos

Comment

setup:

GC 400/650
                                bilstien sports
                                vorshlag plates
                                Cabrio front bar, M3 rear
                                Z3 rack
                                solid offset cabs

Comment

Working...
                                X