Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7th Annual E30 Picnic June 7/8 - Official Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh I can't wait for this, it's gonna be awesome. It's crunch time on gettnig the e30 ready though!

Comment

Not to sound like a bitch (but Im going to sound like a bitch), but the E30 picnic should be in OR. Itd give more of us CA guys a chance to show up. I woulda been down for southern or even central oregon. Washington... not so much. Do the venues change yearly?
      Originally posted by blunt
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I think the picnic is always at XXX rootbeer

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
          Not to sound like a bitch (but Im going to sound like a bitch), but the E30 picnic should be in OR. Itd give more of us CA guys a chance to show up. I woulda been down for southern or even central oregon. Washington... not so much. Do the venues change yearly?
          venue is the same every year - unlikely it's going to move, unless you want to organize it yourself. Lance puts a lot of effort into this, and unless he moves I doubt he'd want to host it somewhere else.

that would be like people on the east coast complaining about bimmerfest being in cali, or people here complaining about sigfest being on the east coast..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

God I want to make this so fucking bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              venue is the same every year - unlikely it's going to move, unless you want to organize it yourself. Lance puts a lot of effort into this, and unless he moves I doubt he'd want to host it somewhere else.

that would be like people on the east coast complaining about bimmerfest being in cali, or people here complaining about sigfest being on the east coast..
              Ok, if its in the same venue every year, theres not much to do about it. I wasnt sure if it switched venues from year to year. I was just kinda proposing it to be in OR if it did switch venues yearly.
              Originally posted by blunt
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I wouldn't have the time to coordinate an event like this 300-400 miles away from where I live. It's enough work coordinating it locally. For the first couple years we did it at a park and lunch was 6-foot Subway sandwiches. But trying to feed 250 people like that turned into a real job. So we found the Triple-X with their extra parking as a good location. BTW, I'll really be pushing the Trip-X this year to staff-up to be able to crank the burgers out faster than they did last year. They admit they dropped the ball somewhat.

When we started this up, there was no real goal to make it appeal to folks so far away. We picked Issaquah, WA. as it was equal distant for folks in Portland and Vancouver BC to travel to. And we were really impressed when folks were driving even that far for the Picnic. That the event has grown so much that folks from Cali and beyond would consider hitting the road to attend is very flattering.

It has turned into quite the E30 orgy, and at 170+ E30s of all varieties, seems to be worth the roadtrip for the out of towners. Because so many requrested more to do while in town, Derek from Griot's Garage has set up the Saturday E30 Tech Session which will be a great add-on for the weekend.

I've not yet been to James' Saturday night bender, but I hear that's pretty fun too.

If someone in Cali wanted to start up a SW E30 Picnic, I know they would have a great turnout. Someone just has to step up and coordinate all of the details. It would be cool to have E30 Picnics in all four corners of the country on the same weekend.

BTW, we have an E30 Touring already confirmed to attend!

Remember to RSVP to me OFFLINE at Lance@Richertnet.com with the pertinent info. (Kruzen, cough cough...)
                Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

So who's bringing the DVR/TV for use to watch the Formula 1 race on Sunday?
                  My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

James will probly have that on lock back at his place if I am not mistaken.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                      It best be worth it. I'm driving my race car 3000 miles in 3 days for that. :)
                      Caravan?
                      -Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                        Caravan?
                        That would be awesome to see people from florida at the show as well.

Lance, thanks again for putting on such a great show, I'll most definitely be there and I know my dad even is looking forward to it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
                          I
                          Remember to RSVP to me OFFLINE at Lance@Richertnet.com with the pertinent info.
                          Done.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
                            I wouldn't have the time to coordinate an event like this 300-400 miles away from where I live. It's enough work coordinating it locally. For the first couple years we did it at a park and lunch was 6-foot Subway sandwiches. But trying to feed 250 people like that turned into a real job. So we found the Triple-X with their extra parking as a good location. BTW, I'll really be pushing the Trip-X this year to staff-up to be able to crank the burgers out faster than they did last year. They admit they dropped the ball somewhat.

When we started this up, there was no real goal to make it appeal to folks so far away. We picked Issaquah, WA. as it was equal distant for folks in Portland and Vancouver BC to travel to. And we were really impressed when folks were driving even that far for the Picnic. That the event has grown so much that folks from Cali and beyond would consider hitting the road to attend is very flattering.

It has turned into quite the E30 orgy, and at 170+ E30s of all varieties, seems to be worth the roadtrip for the out of towners. Because so many requrested more to do while in town, Derek from Griot's Garage has set up the Saturday E30 Tech Session which will be a great add-on for the weekend.

I've not yet been to James' Saturday night bender, but I hear that's pretty fun too.

If someone in Cali wanted to start up a SW E30 Picnic, I know they would have a great turnout. Someone just has to step up and coordinate all of the details. It would be cool to have E30 Picnics in all four corners of the country on the same weekend.

BTW, we have an E30 Touring already confirmed to attend!

Remember to RSVP to me OFFLINE at Lance@Richertnet.com with the pertinent info. (Kruzen, cough cough...)
                            *slaps forehead*

My fourth year and I completely forgot. Sigh.

I will be mailing you shortly :)
                            Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                            Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I think I am gonna drive up there with adam (dozyproductions), so if anyone wants to meet up from CA let me know. :) Also how long did it take you OR/WA guys to drive down to bimmerfest. Just wondering how long the trip is. damn i cant wait :up:

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                              Instagram:
                              https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                              LS Build Thread:
                              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                                I think I am gonna drive up there with adam (dozyproductions), so if anyone wants to meet up from CA let me know. :) Also how long did it take you OR/WA guys to drive down to bimmerfest. Just wondering how long the trip is. damn i cant wait :up:
                                san diego > tacoma took h0lmes and me ~17 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X