E30-LS1 KITS now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGCintha29073 View Post
    :shock: What have you bought for that much? Mods to the LS1?
    Nope, only mod was a cam kit @650. You'd be surprised how much the little stuff adds up. I spent over 400 dollars at napa in one visit for a bunch of small stuff for the swap.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
    LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
    Build Thread
    1993 alpine 2 325IC
    •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Damn...i picked up a complete running ws6 from a buddy which helped me out big time so i could spend money on other things. He was excited when i told him what i was gonna do with the engine so i got it $1000. Theres just so many little things i think its gonna take me a few years to get all the money for parts and get it done.
      sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind to keep separate the swap costs and all of the other costs of buying suspension, steering, brakes, wheel bearings, etc that are nice to do as long as your car is up on jacks and out of commission.

We spent $4k on the engine & tranny, which came with a Camaro driveshaft. Our parts both had about 55k miles on them. We spent another $1800 on stuff we also needed: LS2 waterpump, pump spacers, radiator, drive shaft mods, misc wiring stuff, exhaust stuff, EVAP can and valves, fuel system, A/C hoses, PS hoses, etc.

Additionally, we replaced all of the suspension, steering rack, brake discs and calipers, condenser and evaporator, etc. which was another ~~$2100.

If your car already has the non-swap related upgrades, your costs are a lot lower.

You can shop around for less-costly engine and tranny options if you don't mind doing any necessary repairs to the engine. An LS engine is simple to repair, needs no special tools and repair parts are not expensive. While you're at it, you can go for a cam, etc!
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
        E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

Nice kits they look clean!

Comment

Announcing price reduction to $1195!! Simpler engine mounts made a difference to us, so we are reducing our kit price back to what it was! We also include laser-cut water pump spacers, as well as the CD. Get some real ponies under the hood!!
            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
            email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
            E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
            E30LS1@gmail.com
            e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
              Announcing price reduction to $1195!! Simpler engine mounts made a difference to us, so we are reducing our kit price back to what it was! We also include laser-cut water pump spacers, as well as the CD. Get some real ponies under the hood!!
              ohh damn...i coulda saved some cash!
              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if it was covered, but would this be any different if one used an lt1 instead of an ls1? I'm not concerned about spending such a large difference for an 80lb lighter block before anyone says anything.

I'm just afraid of picking up an lt1 and having to re engineer the whole deal.

Comment

The LS1 engines mount differently than the traditional SBC and '90's LT1 engines.

So mount brackets designed for an LS1 E30 won't work with an LT1 or SBC.

Comment

I'm relatively new to this forum and apologise if i'm posting on an old thread but i'm interested in this swap and wanted to know if you're still offering this kit?

Comment

Originally posted by diatomic_jaguar View Post
                      I'm relatively new to this forum and apologise if i'm posting on an old thread but i'm interested in this swap and wanted to know if you're still offering this kit?
                      Yes they are still selling them through http://e30ls1.com/
                      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                      Bimmerbuddies LLC
                      717-388-1256
                      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Are these still being sold?
                        sigpic
                        Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X