Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when I put E36 control arms on... (sway mounts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCK! The 96+ arms didn't do much?

Ah fuck it, I'll try em anyway. Between that, the offset bushings, and the custom brackets I gotta at least be close.

Kyle, search under my name and you will find a complete writeup of the swap. Every detail I know is in that post. It was up on my website but the site is down do to legal problems.
    2004 SL600 - Current
    ------------------------
    2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
    2004 M3 SMG - Sold
    1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
    1989 325i coupe- Sold
    1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

96+ control arms are $140 a piece and are steel. They made a noticable difference on my car, but not enough to center the wheel
      edit, that's the price at cost

Comment

Originally posted by lukasbmw

Kyle, search under my name and you will find a complete writeup of the swap. Every detail I know is in that post. It was up on my website but the site is down do to legal problems.
        Yeah man I remember reading your site through and through. Love your car!
        I am just gonna wait it out until you guess find that magical combination that makes it perfect, then again after all that you will proabbyl charge! ;)

Comment

96+ M3 control arms, offset e30 M3 bushings and move the control arm lollipop holes over ~5mm and everything should be centered
          If you want ideal and matching offsets, do what I did; 318ti rear, e36 front. e36 wheels will fit like a glove and fill both the front and rear fender wells

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
            96+ M3 control arms, offset e30 M3 bushings and move the control arm lollipop holes over ~5mm and everything should be centered
            If you want ideal and matching offsets, do what I did; 318ti rear, e36 front. e36 wheels will fit like a glove and fill both the front and rear fender wells
            Same setup I have.
            Tyre rubs on the inside of the wheel well, on the chassis rail, at full lock, prolly get some turner steering stops.
            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Working...
            X